z

Young Writers Society

Still Using Internet Explorer 6?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:04 am
Nate says...

How do you know if you're using Internet Explorer 6? Well, if you have a yellow bar at the top of YWS asking you to upgrade then that's your clue.

When YWS moves to the new site, I cannot guarantee that those still using IE 6 will be able to view the site. This is because the new YWS takes advantage of a lot of tricks allowed by new browsers but not by IE 6. This is because IE 6 came out in 2001 and is a very old browser by now.

So if you see the yellow bar, please follow the link provided to upgrade. I will try to make sure the new YWS is compatible with IE 6, but I cannot guarantee it.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:10 am
Demeter says...

Are there any other browsers that might not work with the new YWS? I'm using Safari something, and it works alright, although there are some things in the current YWS that don't show. Mostly the avatars in the "Friends" bar, but that's not a problem.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:51 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm wondering the same thing as Dem but with Firefox. I can see everything, but I'm curious.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:22 pm
Blink says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:I'm wondering the same thing as Dem but with Firefox. I can see everything, but I'm curious.

I'm guessing you'll need Firefox 3.0, since that's the equivalent of IE 7, only better. :)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:19 pm
Nate says...

If I'm making a post about compatibility problems with IE 6 but don't mention any other browser, then it can very safely be inferred that only IE 6 will be a problem.
Last edited by Nate on Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:14 pm
Demeter says...

Okay, thanks.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:09 am
PenguinAttack says...

Aren't you proud, Lee? I use Firefox now. :D

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:54 pm
JabberHut says...

My IE looks like it works fine, so I shouldn't have to worry if my Firefox takes another mood swing. xD
I make my own policies.

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office