z

Young Writers Society

Are You Being Logged Out?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:20 pm
Nate says...

If the site keeps on logging you out, please let me know here. I'm trying to fix the problem, but because I have unable to replicate the problem for myself, I'm not sure what's wrong.

If the site logs you out, please tell me where you first noticed it and what you were trying to do.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:27 pm
Rei says...

I just got logged out a few seconds ago trying to get into the Lounge.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:10 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I've just noticed I get logged out everytime I leave the site, so I could just leave me PC on all night and keep this window open and it'd be fine XD. Not saying I'd get away with running the bills up though...

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:32 pm
Sureal says...

Hm - when I got here a second ago I was logged out. Which is odd, cos I never log out :/.
I wrote the above just for you.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:10 pm
hekategirl says...

Ushualy I have it so when ever I come i'm logged in so I don't have to type my name and password but when I came today I was logged out.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:12 pm
Zion says...

It happens two times now, after 30 min or so, I log out.
Last edited by Zion on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:15 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Well, when I just came on for the first time today, I got logged out. It hasn't happened again though.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:01 am
Nate says...

Please only let me know if the site logged you out while you were on the site.

Also, please provide the following details when saying that you were logged out while on the site:

- Browser
- What forum or index you were trying to get to
- The time and date

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:51 am
Snoink says...

Well... something happened which was weird yesterday.

I logged on, expecting to see that I missed a couple hundred posts. Instead, it had marked it all read. It was quite strange.

Today, I was on the site, went to a page, got distracted with instant messanging, went to another page ten minutes later, and I was logged out. It was strange. It had never done that before.

I use Firefox.
June 18 around 11 pm for the all read posts; June 19 for the logging out
On June 19 I was trying to get to the literary forums when it logged me out.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:13 am
Elelel says...

Um ... don't know much about computers but I've been being logged out EVERY SINGLE TIME I click on a different one of the split forum things. (Longe etc. Litrecy ... and so on) I am not able to go into a user group, or the VIP forum AT ALL since a few weeks after the changes because of this. Every time I try to Edit my blog it says "sorry, guests are not allowed to create a blog" and logs me out.

For the quewstions ...

- I honestly don't know what a browser is ... so can't answer that. (I'm not good with computers. Anything electric completely baffles me)
- EVERY FORUM INDEX!!! I'VE TRIED THEM ALL!!!
- I come here pretty much ever day, at about 4:30pm (my time, and that's Aussie time ... so, don't know what it is for everyone else ... I know I'm 17 and a half hours ahead of California) so dates and times? Every date. Every time.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:02 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I honestly don't know what a browser is ... so can't answer that. (I'm not good with computers. Anything electric completely baffles me)

The browser is what program you're viewing it in like Internet Explorer, Firefox and MSN explorer it usually says what it is in either the top left hand corner or right hand corner of the window.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:31 am
Elelel says...

Um ... Internet explorer rings a bell, or bigpond ... which ever one of those is one, because I still don't really get it.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:04 am
Shadow Knight says...

I've been logged off twice. But only today and once yesterday.
Doesn't bother me all that much, but yesterday, the forum was unavailable for a while (I wen't to bed before it must have come back up), and I was just wondering was this because of an attempt to fix/replicate this problem?
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:04 pm
Muse says...

I keep getting logged out whenever i try to get onto the list of Literary Forums, Home and The Lounge etc. So, pretty much everything.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

425 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:23 pm
Nate says...

There's been problems with the site being available lately. Yesterday I took it offline to try to fix the problem (don't think it worked) and also the entire site has been down a couple times because of server problems.

I'm still not sure why people are getting logged out and since I am not able to replicate it, and since it does not seem to be a widespread problem, I think it may be a problem with cookies and cache. If anyone is having troubles with being logged out, clear your cache and your cookies.

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln