z

Young Writers Society

Rule regarding Chat/Leet Speak

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:58 pm
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

Yay. THank you Firestarter. This is a writers forum and you try your best to have good english
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:48 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Also, remember if you are submiting a story you should read it over carefully before you send it in. If you spot any spelling or grammatical errors, change it! It's hard enough to critique a story, but to critique a story that has many spelling errors or has many sentence structure errors is worse.

What is especially sad is that 90 percent of all story problems are not problems because the idea behind the story is bad, but because the story lacks any grammatical organization. As a writer you must develop a sound foundation with grammar. If this is a problem for you, then buy all the grammar books you can lay your hands on. I consider myself a somewhat decent writer, but I have at least nine grammar/composition books at home and I consult them quite frequently.

Writing is all about getting your voice out. How can you get your voice out if you cannot even organize your thoughts through grammar?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:52 am
Writersdomain says...

I am in complete agreement with this considering I find it very annoying and difficult to read chat language
Thanks Firestarter
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:32 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

Cheers to that, Snoink.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:57 pm
View Likes
Harley says...

I totally agree- thank god you said something. I hate when posts make no sense or you have to read them twice to understand them. It's worst when you detect a hint of a constructive criticism and you can't make it out!

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:39 pm
View Likes
Inquisitor says...

We are sorry. Inquisitor, Zentillius, and Meshalidar have been suspended due to mendacious and pathetic behavior. Please excuse him.
Last edited by Inquisitor on Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are sorry. Inquisitor, Zentillius, and Meshalidar have been suspended due to mendacious and pathetic behavior. Please excuse him.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:24 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

My use of the word 'homie' was due to the actual message (which, as you probably remember, had the sort of grammar you expert to see in a text message). I wouldnh't normally actually use it (mainly cos it sounds stupid ;)).l
I wrote the above just for you.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:27 am
View Likes
Jennafina says...

I just want everyone to know that I am TRYING TO WORK ON MY SPELLING!!! I agree with the rule though, chat speak in exess gets really, really annoying.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:16 am
View Likes
Sam says...

On my other site I refuse to read most things...they use chat speak IN THEIR WRITING. How sad is that?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman