z

Young Writers Society

Write for Squills!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:30 am
Emerson says...

Yes, lovely members of YWS, it is that time again! I'm going to be putting together the May issue of squills. I have no deadline for this yet, but the sooner you get the articles to me the happier you make me.

There isn't much of a guide to what you write or how you write it. I cannot guarantee that if you write an article it will be in squills, but that doesn't mean you should enter!

View the April issue of Squills [PDF]

Ideas for Articles
Featured Poetry
Featured Story
Featured Member [Interview]
Movie Reviews
Book Reviews
Writing Tip [about anything]

I have no other ideas at the moment! But if you have any ideas, feel free to share them. But, if you have an idea, I will generally prod you to be the one to write it. ^^ Please PM me any articles with the subject "Squills". Thank you!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:11 am
chocoholic says...

Would it be alrgith if I wrote another one, even though my article was published in the April edition?

I want to interview JC.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:22 am
Teague says...

I'm pretty sure that's okay, Choco -- I mean, I've had an article in this one and the preceding one. (Then again, I contacted Nate about making PotM a regular thing, so... yeah.)

But you should be okay. :)

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

2058 Reviews

Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:19 am
Emerson says...

Oh course, Choco! You can write articles as often as you want. You could write two or more, even, for the same issue!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 am
mizz-iceberg says...

I was wondering if we can submit something for squills that we had already written long ago and it has been posted on YWS. Because I think sent you one. If we can't, then I'm sorry for sending it to you. Ignore it please.

I'll try and write something new for Squills.
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

2058 Reviews

Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:26 am
Emerson says...

I don't think I've received anything yet, but it is a great question Mizz Iceberg. It's fine if you send old articles, but I would appreciate it much, much more if you wrote a brand new article for Squills, that way it has never been seen before.

2058 Reviews

Sat May 03, 2008 3:17 am
Emerson says...

I have only received a handful of articles for this months squills. Please, if you would like to see another issue come out, then write for it. Squills is not something that just happens, and we [u]need[/i] members to write articles for it, or it will not be put out.

You can write about nearly anything, and an article of 500 to 1,000 words does not take much time to write. Please, I would appreciate it if more articles were sent in!!

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat May 03, 2008 3:21 am
JFW1415 says...

I have an idea running around in my head...

When do I need to submit it by? I will try to write it tomorrow, but I'll want to edit it a lot.

Also, I may not be able to write about it long enough... :lol:

Bug me through PMs if I forget, please.

~JFW1415

2058 Reviews

Sat May 03, 2008 3:37 am
Emerson says...

I believe the due date for all articles was something like the 5th of May but I don't entirely know if this issue will make it...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat May 03, 2008 3:40 am
Nate says...

Suzanne wrote:I believe the due date for all articles was something like the 5th of May but I don't entirely know if this issue will make it...

Should Read:

Suzanne wrote:I believe the due date for all articles was something like the 25th of May but I don't entirely know if this issue will make it...

2058 Reviews

Sat May 03, 2008 3:42 am
Emerson says...

Well there you go! ^_^ Thanks, Nate. My brain has been a bit lost among scholarship essays and state testing, haha.

438 Reviews

Sat May 03, 2008 2:58 pm
JFW1415 says...

Then I should be able to get something written, even if I don't go with my original plan. I'll start typing soon!

~JFW1415

2058 Reviews

Tue May 20, 2008 12:23 am
Emerson says...

We're getting close to this deadline, and I don't have very many articles!

Hurry and write something, before I start attacking random people in chat. :D

438 Reviews

Tue May 20, 2008 12:32 am
JFW1415 says...

*Poke*

I have one half-done, I should be able to finish it in time. It's just a writing tip, and I don't know if it's good enough, but it's something.

~JFW1415

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Mon May 26, 2008 11:40 am
Eimear says...

I outlined an article on 'No time to write?' in the knowledge base. Would that be allowed?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11