z

Young Writers Society

Month of March 2008 Updates

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:08 pm
Aedomir says...

Hm, interesting idea. I would be for it, but I am sure we could live without it.

The bookstore sounds great, by the way.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:24 pm
tinny says...

Bookstore for UK/CA/AU (little tin fish'es question) ->> I have no idea. My bet is that it would indeed extend to at least the UK and CA, but probably not for Australia as there is no Amazon Australia.

This is a long-shot, but is there any chance it would cover amazon.jp? I order CDs through that and I have a friend who orders music scores whenever she gets the chance. Whenever I get any money I abuse the fact she lets me use her paypal. I guess considering how few of us would actually use it, the chances are probably not XD But I figured I'd ask anyway?
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 pm
Nate says...

Heh, sorry little tin fish. At a minimum, I have to be able to read the words in the book store!

Everyone ->> The Latest 100 Topics has been updated such that you can now select a "Since When" date instead of putting in a number (you can do either, but not both!). However, the maximum is still limited to 1000, which right now means you can see all updated topics since March 19. I realized this would probably be more helpful earlier today, and it only required five minutes of my time to put in place.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:41 pm
Emerson says...

Hmmm.

I'm a now thinking more on the gallery. Having a picture album in one's profile could be interesting! I kind of like the idea. I think it would add to the quality of YWS's profiles and it would be another thing to make us stand out from other writing sites. We do have the post-your-pic threads, but with a profile gallery, anyone could see our pictures at anytime, rather than how it usually is where people only view the last couple of pages.

Consider me for it if more become for it. I won't fight for it! But I think it would be a nice addition to at least try out.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:50 pm
Aedomir says...

I agree with Suzanne, a photo gallery would make us more individual as opposed to just usernames and an avatar, if that's fair to say.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice