z

Young Writers Society

Community Photo Album

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat May 07, 2005 5:30 am
Nate says...

A few days ago, I wrote in the VIP forum asking for ideas for new additions, and I randomly put down a community photo album as an example.

Well... I've now added it!

Unlike what I said in the newsletter, the community photo album will be available to all members. To find the link to the album, look under "General" in the main menu that is on the home and index pages, then click on "Album."

From there, there are three main categories. One is for personal pictures (e.g., pictures of you, family), another is for artwork, while the other is for misc. pictures (e.g., pictures of hometown, random objects). Below those two categories, you'll see another two (smaller) categories. One lists all personal user galleries and the other is your personal gallery.

To upload a pic, just go to any category, then look in the upper left hand corner and you'll see a button that says "Upload Pic." From there, you can upload a pic from either your computer or from a website. If your pic is a .jpg or .bmp, a thumbnail is automatically created for the image. For .gif, no thumbnail is automatically created.

If you want to upload a pic to your personal gallery, you have to do it manually; that is, adding a picture to one of the two main categories does not automatically add that picture to your personal gallery.

Hope everyone likes the new addition!

Also, please use common sense and proper judgement when submitting photos. That is, if the photo is something that you would not want your parents to see, then it should not be submitted to the community photo album. Keep in mind that all photos are public and please do not disclose any information about where you live.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat May 07, 2005 12:56 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Does this mean the opst your pic threads are pretty redundant now?
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat May 07, 2005 3:12 pm
Areida says...

Yay Nate! *gives you a cookie* That's very cool.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

425 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2005 3:42 pm
Nate says...

Matt Bellamy wrote:Does this mean the opst your pic threads are pretty redundant now?

Nope; the two offer different things. The post your own pic thread is more of a discussion, while the photo album is a place where you can keep your photos/artwork on YWS.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat May 07, 2005 4:59 pm
Ego says...

Nate, I have a bit of an off topic question--when you view your own profile (or anyone else's for that matter, there is link above the join date that mentions a personal gallery--yet when you try to access it, nothing is there and you are unable to upload pics....help?

EDIT: never mind, it seems you have that fixed--keep up the great work.

FURTHER EDIT: that must have been the beginnings of the photo album I guess.....

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat May 07, 2005 5:34 pm
Emma says...

I tried to upload one of my pics but its too big. :(

Maybe if you could make the limit a little bigger or something? O.o

425 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2005 6:04 pm
Nate says...

The limit is already huge.

The file size limit is 250 kb, the image size limit is 800 by 600 pixels. If your picture is bigger than that, then you need to scale it down.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon May 23, 2005 12:48 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Doesn't it only allow 10kb and 100x100 pixels? Thats what it said on mine, and still does.

Curses...I had an idea for a VIP thing, but I forgot it...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe