z

Young Writers Society

Internet Explorer Users

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:13 am
Nate says...

First off, if you're using IE, then you should be using Firefox!

http://www.getfirefox.com

But, if you're not inclined to get Firefox, then let me know here what are your biggest gripes with YWS. I'm talking about loading times, layout issues, and graphics problems.

I use Firefox so I don't catch issues in Internet Explorer for a long time. For example, a few months ago, it took My YWS a long, long time to load. Unfortunately, no one told me so it continued for a month. The fix was quite easy as it was a simple mistake of mine.

So IE users, what problems do you have while browsing YWS?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:37 am
Firestar says...

Not many actually. Sometimes when I click on something a page pops up that says "We're sorry, this page doesn't exist", but that happens only once every month at the most. Our family once tried Firefox and my mom switched back to IE because there were allot of problems on Firefox.
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:45 am
View Likes
Loose says...

I don't come across any errors using Internet Explorer, so I shun your suggestion to convert to FireFox!

425 Reviews

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:11 am
Nate says...

You can't tell if you run across any errors running anything if you don't compare it to anything ;)

Trust me though. From the viewpoint of a web developer, I spend hours just making sure something looks right in IE. Firefox very often gets it right immediately.

Anyhow, good to know that nobody besides myself noticed anything wrong in IE. My worry was about how long the home page takes to load in IE, but I streamlined a lot of processes so it loads faster now. I'm not sure if others will notice, but the loading times in IE are vastly improved now. In fact, they should be better no matter what browser you're using.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:39 pm
tinny says...

I'll never convert to Firefox! But I did notice some things today.

Sometimes when I try to go onto the front page, it says it's 'done' but all I get is the blue background. It fixes after a few refreshes, but it's taken up to something like 7 at times.

And the featured work box shows all of the pieces in one big elongated box. Not the images, but it has a big blank space where they should all be. I'll try and print-screen it next time it happens.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:24 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Yes I agree with you Nate. I have both on my computer, but when I open homepage from EI, it takes for ever and usually only loads the background, which is gray.
Firefox gets me around YWS much faster!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:12 am
Alainna says...

At the moment the new layout is really bad on IE. There aren't any drop down menus which makes it hard to navigate.

I'm using Firefox (much better) at the moment on my computer. But my laptop can''t deal with downloading Firefox until I fix some of it's various faults - so I have to use IE most of the time.

*grumbles about IE and walks off*

xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:40 pm
Nate says...

Alainna wrote:At the moment the new layout is really bad on IE.

Go to Help then About Internet Explorer and let me know what version you are using. If you are using version 6, then there are problems. And if you're using version 6, you should really update to IE 7 anyways.

To update IE:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/produc ... ?WT.srch=1

EDIT

Everything works fine now in IE 6.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:06 pm
Alainna says...

Yeah, I just logged on and it's fine. Thanks Nate!

xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness.
— Lao Tse