z

Young Writers Society

Junior Admins!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 05, 2005 4:14 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

As some of you know, I'm not going to be here that much this summer. I graduate from college on May 14th then I'm going to Marbella in Spain with my family until May 22nd. I then go to National Camp School to get certified as a Waterfront Director for a Boy Scout Camp from June 4th to June 10th. After that, I go to work at Camp Olmsted at Goshen Scout Reservation in Goshen, Virginia from June 25th to something like August 17th, during which time I have absolutely no access to electricity (aside from lights) much less an internet connection (it's great!). I do get to go online from the public library in Goshen, Virginia when I go into town, but that's at most only once a week and usually only once a month. So, needless to say, I will be not here for two months this summer.

From now until June 25th, I'll still be here (except for two weeks), but I'm always pretty busy during the summer anyway even at home, so I've now added the rank of Junior Admin.

For all intents and purposes, a Junior Admin is the same thing as an Admin except that only an Admin has access to the database and code behind the site. But like an Admin, a Junior Admin can configure everything related the board, from creating new forums, to changing to default template and even deciding how many topics are displaying per page (right now, it's 30). A Junior Admin also has complete authority, meaning that he/she has the final say and that he/she need not ask my permission to do something.

The first two Junior Admins (and probably the only two until at least the fall) are...

[drumroll please]

... Galatea and Firestarter!

They already have complete authority over all aspects of the board so they are, from this point on, YWS administrators.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu May 05, 2005 8:24 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Congratulations!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu May 05, 2005 10:44 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

Woohoo! Go Jack and Gal!!! :D:D:D
Love and Light

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Thu May 05, 2005 10:47 pm
View Likes
Armadian says...

Go Jack and GAl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Thu May 05, 2005 11:55 pm
View Likes
hekategirl says...

w00t! go Jack and Gal! *throws confetti* woohoo!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri May 06, 2005 1:03 am
View Likes
Galatea says...

*bows* Thank you, thank you . . . First I'd like to thank Jesus. With Him, all things are possible. Secondly, I'd like to thank my family for their constant support . . .

OKAY! Enough of that. But really, I'm very very honoured to take on this responsibility, as I'm sure Jack is as well. Love you all!!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri May 06, 2005 7:30 am
View Likes
uniaeca says...

Yay!

(Just thought I'd let you know that when I was reading this and scrolled down the names I was like 'yes!')

Very quietly though coz im working in the library :P But yay! all the same, congrats.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri May 06, 2005 12:09 pm
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

WOOHOO! GO GAL! GO JACK!
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri May 06, 2005 3:09 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Thanks everyone. Tis a great honour.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri May 06, 2005 10:24 pm
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

bulletproof asked may of next year. like you're going ot be gone a year then are coming back. He was wrong I hope.... whew, it's nice to know if he's wrong, you're still around a bit though.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat May 07, 2005 3:46 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

I think this just shows how much better this site is from TYWC. When Dave wasn't able to run the site, he didn't really bother to do anything about it. You rule Nate!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat May 07, 2005 5:37 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

Yeah! And what is really good about picking gal and firestarter is that you ARE able to trust them. And that they are very good and responsible people!

Well done!

FREE ROCK CANDY TO ALL!

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sat May 07, 2005 6:37 pm
View Likes
Galatea says...

Mmmm, I love rock candy . . .
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat May 07, 2005 7:41 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

Well done 8).

Osla, I duhs eb na nimda ;).
I wrote the above just for you.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue May 10, 2005 2:36 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

YAY! CANDY! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio