Young Writers Society

Updates For Past Week Of 2-26-08

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:32 am
Nate says...

Lots of updates this time around!

Ratings Listed In Recent Literary Additions

You can now see what a story/poem has been rated when viewing the recent literary additions. I've tried doing this several times before, but I only figured out what I was doing wrong (it was something very stupid) today.

Featured Works

Giving a gold star now does two things. One, it shows the author that you liked their work. Two, it moves the work up the rankings for featured works. On the front page, the top 5 (sometimes 4) featured works from the past week are shown.

By clicking that "View More Featured Works" link on the front page, you can then see the top 25 of all time. You can also even choose to see the top works from any date going back to February 22, 2008 (doesn't sound like much now, but in a year or two, it will!).

Better Organized My YWS

Added ajax tabs to My YWS. So now you don't need to scroll all the way down to see bulletins, and you can more easily view your friends. Expect something similar for Profiles soon.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:35 am
Wiggy says...

Nate is teh awesome! 8)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:00 pm
Prokaryote says...

Wiggy wrote:Nate is teh awesome! 8)

Seconded!

Prokaryote

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:14 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Prokaryote wrote:

Seconded!

Prokaryote

Thirded!

It takes such a lack of imagination to third things... But really, awsomeness of the highest degree.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:52 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Cpt. Smurf wrote:
Prokaryote wrote:

Seconded!

Prokaryote

Thirded!

It takes such a lack of imagination to third things... But really, awsomeness of the highest degree.

Fourthed!

I guess I'm even less imaginative. XD

Cheers to Nate!
ohmeohmy

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:55 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Fifthed and Sixthed! So there! ;) Being able to see the ratings is especially helpful--I just recently noticed it but didn't say anything because I wasn't sure if I'd just been dumb and missed it before.

Yay Nate! *pom-poms waved*
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild