Report A Site Bug

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:43 am
chocoholic says...

I couldn't get onto groups at 9:40pm on IE. I got this message:

Oops, that page doesn't exist
Return To Home
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:46 am
deleted6 says...

I get it trying to go into blogs. And I've tried it like countlessly :/.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:51 am
View Likes
tinny says...

I'm on IE, using the default skin, and none of the drop down menus at the top are working. I just keep getting 404s. The pages themselves are okay, I get get to them by other means, it's just the menus that don't seem to be working.

EDIT: Some parts of it work, like the YWS blog, but all the ones which have the URL in caps when don't.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:09 am
Azila says...

I just (at about 9:10 pm, EST) tried to save a post as a draft and got this message:
Oops, that page doesn't exist
Return To Home
"return to home" was a link, and there was a YWS sword and pencil thingie above it. On the top of my browser, it said "404 Error."

I use Mozilla Firefox, and the Default template.

I'm sorry if I'm reporting something that yo already know about...?

EDIT: I just went to my saved drafts place, and apparently, it DID save it... (now I've got like seven saved drafts of the same thing, because I kept trying. XD)
~Azila~

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:32 am
gyrfalcon says...

Um hello, I just logged in at 10:30 and the the main white column where everything is was all huddled over on the right side of the screen. Then when I went to view the latest posts, it went over to the left side of the screen. It's back in the middle now, just thought someone should know. I'm using Mozila Firefox, by the way.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:08 am
OverEasy says...

So for some reason the actual information keeps showing up way to the right of my screen. I have to scroll to the right through a bunch of blue background before I can see the pages... I'm not sure that makes any sense but it's kind of hard to explain.
Life is for living.

425 Reviews

Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:14 am
Nate says...

If you continue to get any errors, just hit refresh. I was messing around earlier, but everything is looking good now.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:10 pm
Aedomir says...

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/groupcp.php?g=1873
I was having a look and I noticed Adnamarine is in there four times.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:42 pm
niteowl says...

Um...this is weird. I've been noticing a lot of red names running around just now. Did you lose control and let complete anarchy reign? :P

Wait a minute, is this an April Fool's joke, making everyone admins? Or is it a real error?

EDIT: Wow, I'm an idiot. For real. Just this morning a friend of mine said she was having a sex change operation. I was like "Really?" and only then did I remember what day it was. I think this would be a good time to beat myself over the head with something. :smt075
Last edited by niteowl on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:45 pm
Aedomir says...

Go to the information desk...
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:05 pm
Via says...

Time of incident: 11:01am EST
Browser: IE
Template: Chimped out
Page you were on: "posts since last visit" refresh
Error:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Just went back to the main page and it was fine, but thought I'd let you know anyway!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:46 pm
View Likes
Kylan says...

All text is suddenly centered. Including titles, message body, and usernames.

I'm using internet explorer.

Is this design purposeful?

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:50 pm
Sureal says...

Well, it's an IE thing only. The text is normal me in Firefox, but centered when I use IE. :/

It's a sign for the heavens, telling you to upgrade to Firefox. :P
I wrote the above just for you.

425 Reviews

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:40 pm
Nate says...

haha, listen to Sureal!

I'll take a look at it. I spent a lot of time last night trying to make YWS html 4.01 standards compliant, and I probably messed something up.

Via ->> Can you tell me the path you took to get that page? That is, did you start from the http://yourname.youngwriterssociety.com, then navigate to home/my yws, then to view posts since last visit?

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings