z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:30 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

A quick note: Please do not PM me with bug reports, especially if you already posted them in this thread.

Well, it looks like we're going to have to live with the problems, unfortunately, for the time being. The fixes I applied last night didn't work. I'll put some more time into it later on, but I don't have any extra time today, tomorrow, or very little time this weekend.

Please continue to use this thread only for bug reports.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:56 am
View Likes
Azila says...

At 7:56 I clicked on "view posts since last visit" and it logged me out. When I logged back in, it said "no topics or forums met your search ctireria"... or something like that.

EDIT: Same thing just happened at 8:58. I tried pushing the back button (to go back to home) then clicking on the "Community Forums" button--but I got logged out as well.

ANOTHER EDIT: I use Firefox and I am on the default template. I think I have Cookies enabled, but the only options on the link you provided for Firefox are "Mozilla Firefox (1.0 final release and earlier)" and "Netscape 7.1/Mozilla 5.0"... my version must not fall into either category because neither of the instructions worked. :? Sorry if I'm just being stupid, I'm not terribly good with computers. :roll:

Hope this helps!
~Azila~
Last edited by Azila on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 am
View Likes
Joeducktape says...

10:55, I click YWS on my favorites. The pages loads, and I'm already logged in, and it's showing 64 posts since my last visit. I click on the Writing section of the forum, and it's logged me out. When I log back in, all the other posts are no longer highlighted, and it shows 1 new post.
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

425 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:15 am
View Likes
Nate says...

For those having random logging out problems, check to make sure you have cookies enabled. To do this, Google has a nice listing:

http://www.google.com/cookies.html

Let me know here if you had or didn't have cookies enabled (in IE 7, this would mean your security settings were set to high... all other browsers should have just have a box that is either checked or not).

As a reminder, please include what browser you are using. This does matter. Also, please include what template you are using (probably either the default one with the anteater logo or the chimped out one). I also need what page you were on last when the bug occurred (for instance, what page were you on when you clicked 'View Posts Since Last Visit.'). As I've said before, be as complete as possible.

Perhaps it'd be good if I just made people fill out a template...

Time of Incident:
Browser:
Template:
Page You Were On:
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top):
Describe What Happened:

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:16 pm
View Likes
AWritersFantasy says...

Time of Incident: Around 10:12 AM EST
Browser: Mozilla Firefox for Max
Template: I believe it's the default.
Page You Were On: The page it brings you to when you go here
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): Uh. Yes.
Describe What Happened: I clicked on "view posts since last visit" and it brought me to the log in page. I logged in, and then it told me there weren't any new posts even though there had been like...65 or something. So then I went to the page you linked to and cleared the cookies, and then I went back to YWS and it had me logged out again and said there was only one new post since my last visit.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:31 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

In the Knowledge Base, I can't post any new threads, no matter which section I go too. I just receive a giant, white screen. I use IE as my browser.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:51 pm
View Likes
Aedomir says...

This is a bigee, I don't know if it was just me, but...

Time of Incident: Last Night, around 9 pm, GMT

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Template: Default I believe

Page You Were On: Home page

Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): Ye

Describe What Happened:

Last night, I came off YWS, went to hav dinner, came back, came to YWS, and it just broke.
First all the forums said something like (can't remember) the topic cannot be displayed or does not exist. Then I pressed back and refreshed the home page, and it said: error, "die is common" or something (sounds like a hacker) and then some other stuff which I can't rememner. I turned my computer off,cam back on and it still had broken. An hour later, it was fine, with no problems. Actually, to start with there was a wiered background (snowflakes or sometihng).
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:04 pm
Meshugenah says...

Are you sure about that time? Last night Nate took the site down for maintenance for an hour - 3-4 AM GMT, I believe, and 7-8 PST (or 10-11 EST).
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

370 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14 pm
View Likes
Aedomir says...

I was in bed them, really. No, it was around 9ish GMT, it might jsut have been me, but I'll let you know if it happens again

2. Human.

425 Reviews

370 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:12 pm
View Likes
Aedomir says...

OK, that's fine, I just thought I would mention it.

2. Human.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:47 pm
View Likes
Bella says...

This probably isn't a real biggy, but I figured i'd make it known anyway. By the way Nate, did we ever tell you how much we loved you?

Time of Incident: Not specific. Just randomly
Browser: Internet Explorer (newest version)
Template: um....default, I think
Page You Were On: It happens when I'm switching pages
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): yes
Describe What Happened: I try to switch pages (like around 4:30 today I tried to check my mail) and it randomly signs me out. When I sign in, everything is fine, until it signs me out again.

Also, something else I noticed a few days ago was that when I go to the homepage, it isn't always refreshed. Like it will say that I was the last person to post on a storybook, but then if I click the link, it will go to the last post, being someone elses.

~Bella~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm
View Likes
AWritersFantasy says...

Time of Incident: 6:28 PM or so EST
Browser: Mozilla Firefox for Mac
Template: Default
Page You Were On: Home
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): Yes
Describe What Happened: Went to the site, clicked on "view posts at last minute," it brought me to the log in screen, I logged in, and there were no new posts even though there were like...288 I hadn't read.

425 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:59 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks all for taking the time to fill out the template as well as making sure cookies are enabled! I know it's annoying, but it helps a lot.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:19 am
View Likes
Bella says...

Time of Incident: 10:14pm (eastern, I think)
Browser: Internet Explorer (newest version)
Template: um....default, I think
Page You Were On: I was trying to get to the homepage
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): yes
Describe What Happened: When the homepage came up, the "recent posts" box was huge, to the point that I had to scroll really far to the right in order to see anything. When I did scroll to the right, all I could see were a few pictures. Luckily this thread was in the "recent posts" box.

Also, the last time I tried to post this (about 10:18) the computer spazzed out and told me no post mode had been selected.

~Bella~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary