z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:09 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Next time I'm taking the site down while I'm doing maintenance ;)

Anyways, everything should be fine now. Almost all of the errors reported over the past 48 hours are the direct result of me doing work on the site. I finally managed to narrow the problem down to the text link ads on the front page.

My apologies for all the errors everyone got as I know it was annoying, but everything should be working great now. If you are still getting problems, check out the first post of this thread and try those steps.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:24 am
Meshugenah says...

ok! Reporting this for several of us.

Time of Incident (include your timezone): for me, 6:08 PM PST;
Browser: IE (i usually use firefox, but I needed to test it, since I was already logged in and teh site was working!)
Template: default
Page You Were On: logging in
Describe What Happened: debug error! here's mine, followed by those who have told me either via the chat or IM. And I'm reporting since one, I still can post, two, you're not on, Nate!, and three, it's a debug! ahh!

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1114 The table 'yws_sessions' is full

INSERT INTO yws_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('8e28dfc56bbc87cf5e7e84ac0143e8ea', 2430, 1202522788, 1202522788, '829d260f', 0, 1, 0)

Line : 187
File : sessions.php

here's the one Reakeda sent me via the chat (firefox, EST, default, all have cleared cache -- JabberHut had the same one for chimped out, firefox 8:11 central -- note date stamp is from PST)
[Reakeda] 6:09 pm: phpBB : Critical Error

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO yws_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in,
session_admin) VALUES ('ceb2c55108bfce2690742a8c63fae1f3', 4882, 1202522950, 1202522950, 'd8ff089d', 0, 1, 0)

Anna (Suzanne) is having the same problem. She noted that she could at least access the site on an old version of IE, but not on ff. here's hers:

Time zone, 8.10pm Central, Mozilla, Cookies yes, default temp -- home page.

error:
phpBB : Critical Error

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO yws_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('9b46b13dee5dae72dce60b3a71798448', 2023, 1202523143, 1202523143, '46829fa4', 0, 1, 0)

She notes that clearing cookies and cache didn't help.

but what's weird is I'm online now and it's working fine (on ff), and BCS hasn't had a problem, either. Rick says he hasn't had any incidents right now, too.

UPDATE: PenguinAttack is getting the same error: chimped out, on IE, and I have no idea what her timezone is, but somewhere in AU.
Last edited by Meshugenah on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:23 am
Sachiko says...

Bear-kun (Bigbadbear) asked me to post this for him. He says that he's getting the same errors as everyone else, and it's not letting him log on.
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

425 Reviews

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:09 am
View Likes
Nate says...

The sessions table bug is fixed. Would have fixed it even earlier, but I was in Baltimore :)

The bug resulted from a change I made to the sessions database file for YWS (sessions tracking is what makes sure you don't get logged out while browsing the forum). I changed the table type to make it faster, but forgot I needed to do one more thing to make it work. If you're interested at all in the changes I made, go here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=66998

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:15 am
Reakeda says...

[deleted]

Please use this thread only to report bugs :) - Nate

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:38 am
chocoholic says...

I wasn't able to get onto the site since I wok up till about half an hour ago. I got the sessions thing. Sorry, I didn't think to copy it, but it's the same as Mesh put up.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

425 Reviews

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:42 am
Nate says...

Choco, please refer to the attached picture ;)
Attachments
read.jpg
read.jpg (118.56 KiB) Viewed 965 times

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:14 pm
Azila says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 11:05 am EST
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Template: Default
Page You Were On: Going to Other Fiction (from a post in Other Fiction, I think...)
Describe What Happened: I clicked on the "Other Fiction" link and it came up as just titles (that were links) and a little information below them, like who wrote them and the subject description and stuff like that. But the weird thing is that they didn't have the graphics in between, it was just the text on a white page.

I just tried it again, and it worked fine, so I don't know if it's something to worry about or not. Sorry if I just reported something that's not a bug...

~Azila~

425 Reviews

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:17 pm
Nate says...

Azila, not a bug :)

Another sessions bug like the one Bek described above. It's resolved for the time being. Apparently I didn't make the sessions table large enough... YWS is too big!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:30 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Nate, I can't change the word of the week - the admin link takes me to My YWS. Tried at 4:25pm GMT today using Firefox.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:12 am
Via says...

This isn't really a huge detriment but thought I would share it anyway incase it would help you to know what's going on!

Time of Incident (include your timezone): All day today
Browser: IE
Template: Chimped Out
Page You Were On: Posts since last visit
Describe What Happened: It isn't refreshing. Like I said...I don't really care. But, it's happening. I have left for hours at a time today and everytime when I come back the new posts are just added to the ones from this morning so I'm up to 7 pages of "posts since last visit". Usually it resets itself after like half an hour or so.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

425 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Matt ->> I'll take a look.

Via ->> Are you closing your browser? I changed some things around, so if you don't close your browser, it's not going to reset.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:25 am
Via says...

No I haven't closed it. It just stays up all day. Hmm, good to know!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:47 pm
View Likes
Aedomir says...

The knowledge base won't let me add another article, it just freezes when you click the link to add a new topic.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:54 pm
Fishr says...

Yes. I did mention it previously, but I too still cannot post anything new in any of the threads. When I try and post a new topic, my screen turns white, and declares it's done loading.

Pah... :shock: We Intructors cannot post in the Knowledge Base. *kicks white screen of death* Hehe...
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero