z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 am
Nate says...

From time to time, you may come across a bug. If you do so, try the following steps first:

1. Clear you cache. In Firefox, go to Tools ->> Clear Private Data. You only need to check cache. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools ->> Internet Options ->> Browsing History (Under general tab) ->> Delete. You only need to delete 'Temporary Internet Files.'

2. Make sure you have cookies enabled. Go to http://www.google.com/cookies.html and follow the instructions for your browser.

3. If step one & two do not work, then do this, but only if you use Firefox. Go to Tools ->> Options ->> Privacy ->> Cookies ->> Show Cookies. Scroll down to "youngwriterssociety.com," then select it with your mouse (click once). Then hit the "clear cookie" button. If you're using IE, unfortunately you can't clear individual cookies, and I don't recommend clearing all cookies.

If you're still experiencing problems, please use the template directly below to report the problem:

Time of Incident (include your timezone):
Browser:
Page You Were On:
Describe What Happened:
Last edited by Nate on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:07 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I get logged out when I click on YWS Groups.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:13 pm
Azila says...

I tried to post a review and got logged out.

Hope you figure this out soon!
~Azila~

425 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:16 pm
Nate says...

Please provide the time it happened approximately at as well as the browser you are using (usually either Internet Explorer or Firefox). As stated in the first post, be as complete as possible. One quick sentence does not help much.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:46 pm
Azila says...

I'm so sorry! Here, let me try again:

It was at about 11:10 (only a few minutes before I posted on here) and it was in the Other Fiction forum (on cat4prowl's "three little foals", if that matters). I use Mozilla Firefox.

Sorry about the short post earlier, is this better?
~Azila~

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:16 pm
Via says...

Logged out on refresh at 12:05pm, IE.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

425 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:27 pm
Nate says...

Thanks Azila :P

The more information I have about the bug you experienced helps me to figure out what's going on. Knowing the time helps because it may have been at a time when I was fooling around with stuff. Knowing the browser helps because of all the differences between them.

Sometimes something may seem rather trivial, but trust me when I say its not. There have been a lot of times when someone was telling me about a bug and I couldn't figure it out. Then, just in passing, they'd say one little thing that they probably thought wasn't important. But it's those little things that help me figure it out and solve it for you.

In any case, if everyone can, please post a bug here when you get it, even if it's already been reported. I'm going to try to fix the problem tonight (I know what the issue is), so it'll help me to be able to look back and say "Well there were 27 reported bugs the day before the bug fix, and only one reported bug afterwards." 27 reported bugs is a site problem. One reported bug is a computer problem.

Also, don't expect the site to be down for anything more than an hour (if that) later today. Technically, I don't need to take it down at all, but I'm afraid that if I don't, people will start reporting bugs that don't really exist ;)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:20 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

At about 1:00 EST, I came to YWS and I was already logged out. It did that to me last night at some point (don't remember what time)...I had already been logged in, but I clicked on "view most recent posts" and it logged me out, and then when I went to click on "view most recent posts" when I logged in again it said there weren't any new posts, even though there had been like...200-something. :| I use Mozilla Firefox.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:12 pm
lakegirls says...

Hi,
One of my stories in Other Fiction got locked, but I didn't lock it. It's called Lake Girls: Ideas.

-lg*
Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
-Gloria Steinem

694 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:35 pm
Via says...

Logged out on refresh again. 519pm. IE.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:41 pm
Wolf says...

This might just be the school computers, but:
I was online at school this morning at 8:25-8:40. The browser I was using was Internet Explorer, and I logged out of YWS...
... and then my friend behind me, who was also on YWS, was suddenly logged in on my account. This happened at 8:38, I'm pretty sure. She clicked log out of 'Ayra' and then I was online on my account again. I clicked log out and I did, but it was kinda weird...

Hope YWS is working again soon,
Camille

P.S. In Azila's signature, it says that YWS will be down for maintenance tonight. Is that true?!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

59 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:47 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Ayra wrote:P.S. In Azila's signature, it says that YWS will be down for maintenance tonight. Is that true?!

Yes it is. There's a post here about it, but it basically just says it'll be down for an hour at 10:00 EST tonight.

694 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:51 am
Via says...

Logged out when clicked "Posts Since Last Visit" at 838pm. IE.

59 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:58 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Went to the site at 9:45 EST and was logged out. Logged in, had to log in again, and then when I went to the "home" page (because it didn't bring me to the normal page I get when I log in), it said there weren't any new posts since my last visit, even though there should've been.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

I was trying to edit a post in the storybook forum, but every time I pressed submit the page just refreshed itself as if I'd only just pressed the 'edit post' button and my changes were lost.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
— Sir James Dewar, Scientist