z

Young Writers Society

It's All About Choices

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:19 pm
Nate says...

I have now included the option of choosing either to use your dynamic or your static avatar in the edit profile screen. When you go to edit your profile, scroll down to the avatar control panel. From here, you can choose to display your dynamic or you static avatar, and you can also upload avatars from your computer or from another website. However, when uploading avatars, you will need to make sure that the pictures is 100 by 100 pixels in size (at most) and 10 kb big (at most). To easily resize a picture, go to Paint (located in Accessories), then click on "Image" in the toolbar, then on "Stretch/Skew". From this window, you can reduce the size of the picture. For instance, if the picture is 200 by 200 pixels, just type in 50% in both boxes under the stretch category and then click "ok." After you're done resizing the picture, click on "save." Do not click "save as" as this may affect the quality of the image.

In any case, you can now upload your own avatar, and then decide if you wish to use that or a dynamic avatar.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:28 am
Sam says...

erm...Mac instructions, please? lol
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:36 am
niteowl says...

Yay! Although...now the davvies are all squished/disappearing.

So I've got my lady back for now.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:14 pm
Nate says...

Everyone: If you have a problem uploading an image and if it's under 10kb and 100 by 100 or smaller, then check to see if it is in .gif or .jpg format. Anything with .bmp, .png, or anything else will not work.

niteowl: The problem is with how Internet Explorer is configured, but I think I have it fixed now. It's working with my IE at least.

Sam: Sorry, but I don't use Mac so I don't know. I'm sure Macs actually have a far easier way to get it done; just try any image editing program then try to resize the image from there. If you have something like Paint Shop Pro, all you have to do is enter the desired dimensions and voila. No messing around with percentages or anything like that.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:41 pm
Sam says...

thanks. *turns to start messing around*

:D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:00 am
Elelel says...

I'm pleased! I like my bird more than anything else.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:58 pm
Kay Kay says...

Yeah...now I can put in a picture that I like! But I have a question. You know above the picture is says stuff like writer, junior writer, and senior writer? Well how can you change it to make it say something else like your nickname or something?
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:10 pm
niteowl says...

You have to get 250 posts (Novelist) in order to get a custom title.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain