z

Young Writers Society

Star Ranking System by Reviews

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu May 24, 2007 12:15 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Now this is cool =D every now and then - I have very bad memory- I wonder about my ratio of posts/reviews. Excellent!
ohmeohmy

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu May 24, 2007 1:06 pm
Shine says...

Hey I would love to see purple stars....:D
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu May 24, 2007 3:43 pm
Duskglimmer says...

This is nice. I like it.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Thu May 24, 2007 6:00 pm
Charlie II says...

Nice! This certainly shows up the people who try hard in the literary forums. It's a lot better than just having a number of posts (well, it makes me feel better :D ) but I guess the next step would be to link it to critique quality. Unfortunately, that's qualitative and not quantitative so that would be really hard / impossible. But, I've got the bug now, I need more stars!

*wanders off to get more stars*

DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri May 25, 2007 5:37 pm
Areida says...

Ooh, I love this!

Of course, I'm going to love anything that involves stars or sticky notes or stickers in general. Wow, I'm so mature. :roll:

And I bet Nate will have to add purple stars for Snoink now that it's summer... ooh, scary... :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri May 25, 2007 8:47 pm
Leja says...

What a wonderful idea, Nate.

(me remembering what each color means is debatable, however... :D )

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Sat May 26, 2007 10:56 pm
BrokenSword says...

So does starting a topic in the literary forum and adding to it also count as "reviews?"

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat May 26, 2007 11:07 pm
Emerson says...

Basically: If you start a thread in the literary forums you get no star. If you reply to that thread (whether to add more to it, or to comment on critiques) it adds to your review counts. But that doesn't change the numbers too greatly.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun May 27, 2007 1:30 am
View Likes
Royboy says...

I like this. It's lovely, but I think Snoink will be wanting purple soon. It's a great idea, though. Its easier to see ranks now instead of the titles and the straight out number of reviews.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun May 27, 2007 9:23 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

I love this new feature since I review more than I actually post my work. :wink:

*runs off to review more*
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:19 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Areida wrote:Ooh, I love this!

Of course, I'm going to love anything that involves stars or sticky notes or stickers in general. Wow, I'm so mature. :roll:

And I bet Nate will have to add purple stars for Snoink now that it's summer... ooh, scary... :P

Or piggies! :D

Nah, just kidding. But I'm with you on the stars and stickers. SO PRETTY.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:19 pm
Firestarter says...

What's funny is that Nate is going away so there's going to be nobody to add purple stars XD
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:00 am
Snoink says...

...well, maybe for my birthday, he can add them? ;)

EDIT:

If you do have purple stars, maybe you can make it so that it takes 150 reviews to get one star? Or something more difficult?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:59 pm
JC says...

Over the summer we can all pretend snoink has purple stars, and then when nate gets back... =D

What would come after purple? FUCHSIA! hehe.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:01 pm
Emerson says...

Black? Blacks a nice color. Though dark.

Hmmm...Fuchsia sounds cute. what about mini monkey faces? :-p
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates