Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:25 pm
emeraldfox says...

@BellaRoma
This is happening to me, too. :(

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:42 pm
BellaRoma says...

@emeraldfox So, it's not just me. I'm not just accidentally pressing the wrong button (I hope XD).
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:59 am
crossroads says...

That sounds pretty odd. I just tried it, and it normally published my random scene just as always.
So, when you guys post something, it's automatically a draft, but takes your points, and then? Does it take your points again when you try to publish that draft or when you upload it again (but this time it makes it a proper work)?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Random avatar

Reviews: 93
Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:30 am
emeraldfox says...

I think so.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:57 am
BellaRoma says...

@AriaAdams, yes. It takes another 250 points to publish, but it does publish.
I just published the draft it saved.
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:09 pm
crossroads says...

That was a multiple choice question xD
Did you
a) try to publish that work from already uploaded draft (edit draft -> publish) or
b) try to publish the same work from your computer (copy-paste/upload file -> publish)?

In either case, can you tell approximately when it happened (maybe it had something to do with the high alert changing cost for works or idk)? And, if you haven't tried, can another user see that draft if you give them a link? If yes (that used to be a bug that occasionally came in handy, but I'm not sure if it was dealt with <.<), you could send the links to drafts to me if it happens again and I can try publishing it for you (if it lets me do anything and acts like a published work, that is). Not the best solution, but a kind of one, at least, until someone with actual expertise can look into it? =]

Edit - by "publishing for you" I mean, by editing your drafts just as much so they get published. They'd stay the same and under your name, of course. I'm just not 100% sure I can do that until I try >.>
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:03 pm
Evander says...

- Include your browser and version: Google Chrome Version 38.0.2125.111
- Time problem occurred. A couple of days ago. Not exactly sure when.
- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do? I was talking to KatyaElefant on chatbar, then she asked, "Is your wall back up?" Being confused, I went to my wall to check if it had ever been down. This popped up: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1063" I can't access my wall, but I can see my reviews, trophies, forum posts, and works.
- Your operating system. Windows 7
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:12 am
midnightstars says...

I've been trying to get on @RavenMoonStone wall, and YWS won't allow me... please tell me how to fix this as soon as possible.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:44 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hm...I can't get to Raven's profile either, even though I don't seem to have trouble with other people.

Here's the exact error message I got (using Chrome):
Spoiler! :
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1828
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:35 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

*waves* Me again.
- Include your browser and version: Google Chrome Version 38.0.2125.111
- Time problem occurred: A couple of days ago. Not exactly sure when.
- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do? I was trying to submit a review, and this came up.
Spoiler! :
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_custom.php on line 1074: getimagesize(): Filename cannot be empty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_custom.php on line 1078: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ImagickException' with message 'Can not process empty Imagick object' in /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/includes/functions_custom.php:1170 Stack trace: #0 /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/includes/functions_custom.php(1170): Imagick->setimageformat('jpg') #1 /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/work.php(309): pokemon('3') #2 {main} thrown in /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/includes/functions_custom.php on line 1170
It happened once before, but I thought it was a one time thing. Also, I got the points from my review, and the review submitted. However, I don't get to see the "here are the points you earned" page. Just that.
- Your operating system. Windows 7
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:57 pm
Nate says...

Hey @RavenMoonStone, the problems (accessing your profile and the review issue) should both be fixed now. Let me know if you run into any further problems!

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:25 am
niteowl says...

So...is YWS still supposed to be accessible via Tapatalk? I tried using it again recently since Safari still likes to log me out all the time, but it won't let me access the forum. I tried deleting and reinstalling the newly-updated app, but it didn't work.

Weirdly enough, I'm still getting the notifications from YWS. Just a few minutes ago, my phone buzzed from a mention before I even got the notification on the website. However, when I tried getting to the forum itself, it just tried to load for a moment then said "Website not available. Try again later."

I realize this might an app issue rather than a site issue, but I thought I'd ask since other people noted problems too.

I'm on an iPhone 5S running iOS 8.1.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:36 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Tapatalk issued out a new update this past week, so I'll go ahead and install that tonight. The new update is supposed to fix a slew of bug issues so hopefully that'll resolve all problems.

425 Reviews

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:27 am
Nate says...

The new Tapatalk update has been installed, so everything should be working now. If anyone still runs into issues, you might need to uninstall then reinstall the app on your phone.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:06 am
Pan says...

It hadn't been working for me before, but now it does @Nate, so I think everything is all good!
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites