Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Affect of Advertising on Teens

Post a reply
58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:13 pm
View Likes
misstoria says...

In my digital communications class we recently discussed the affect of advertising on teenagers. The arguments focused on the affect of unrealistic models on teenage girls. What are your beliefs? Does advertising of unrealistic goals and body image negatively affect teens?
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

3670 Reviews

Reviews: 3670
Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:20 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Yes.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:18 pm
View Likes
hopeispeace says...

^^What the pig said.
~HopeisPeace

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 am
View Likes
Lapis says...

Advertising negatively affects the whole world which is exposed to it. Ranging from idiotic ads (car insurance, anyone?) to, as you have mentioned, setting unrealistic goals for people and thus making them depressed. I personally despise the financial system. Anyhow, advertisement simply dis-improves society.
"Yeah, I am the brain, some say insane."

"Look for the missing link between your dreams and reality. Find it - it is the key."

-Used to be Letiki :3