13 or 14
No votes
15 or 16
5%
17 or 18
19%
18 and only 18, and my name is Snoink
35%
Back to 21 with a 3 drink minimum. Whoopah! Party!
14%
25 for developed brains.
3%
28, anyone who is younger is not a person and may be shot.
5%

Total votes : 37

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:58 am
View Likes
Kit says...

This reminds me of the responses to my Eragon post...

Me: You guys are amazing, you can make a difference in this world!
Response: No we can't, go away, we're crap. Adults are superior.

I think principally the thing that happens when you become an adult is you realise that they don't actually have all the answers, some of them are a good deal more lost than you are. Some people who are middle aged still vote for who their parents did, without thinking about it so much. But I am ancient now, so probably you guys know better.

Also whenever I see more votes on the Snoink option, I imagine a hilarious reenactment of the "No, I am Spartacus" scene from Spartacus.
Princess of Parataxis, Mistress of Manichean McGuffins

Reviews: 1
Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 pm
View Likes
SunshineandCarnage says...

I actually wrote an argument paper in Senior College Preporatory English on this subject. I am seventeen. I have been educated for twelve years and I know what I want in a leader. Is there something wrong with that?
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 am
amit28it says...

In my opinion if one can understand the issues and matters running all around then why should he or she cannot caste vote....i think there should be a test for those who thinks that they can vote an on the basis of that test decision should be taken.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:52 am
Gringoamericano says...

I would say 18, but even then, that's kind of risky. I know that I used to (and still sort of do) get all my news from "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". All of my political beliefs leaned very far left because I hung on to every word that the host said. It wasn't until I turned 15 that I started to think about how conservatives see certain issues, and why they do that.
That being said, I still cannot break my habit of watching any news programs other than "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report".
So I could just type anything here, and it'll show up at the bottom of my posts?

450 Reviews

Reviews: 450
Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am
Dreamwalker says...

The main problem being, for every 2 percent of people under the age of 18 that have the knowledge basis behind what they're voting for and understand the severity of such a vote, there are 98 percent of people who are too preoccupied with their social lives to research into politics as a whole.

I had been itching to vote ever since I turned fourteen years old. But that's because my mum is quite a bit into politics and I would have her explain everything to me. such as the terms I didn't understand, so and and so forth. Was I ready to vote, though? That, I don't know.

Just because I have had a love of politics since I was a child does not suffice to say that everyone has had such a love and cares to find out what platforms each party has, let alone what the difference between a right wing and left wing government even is. With media and the commercials NDP was putting out last year, it was no wonder the Liberal government lost it's second place standing.

I honestly sometimes think it would be better at 25. I don't trust my generation all that much, but at the same time I severely hate that my country is run by a government that uses a raise of elder wages to get the votes they want. But hey, propaganda works, right?

That being said, at least, in my country you would be seeing an influx of support for the Marijuana party if anybody under the age of 18 could vote.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:53 pm
Pilot says...

I still believe that voting age should be around the 20s, and weather or not s/he understands the concepts of politics.
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 pm
thylacine67 says...

The age shouldn't be lowered. Any younger, and young people will start making irresponsible decisions, which would lead to an end of the country. In my opinion, 18 is the perfect age to start voting; it's not to old to where people would start to complain, and it's not to young to where they know what they are talking about and are responsible enough to make the right decision.

Reviews: 3
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 pm
View Likes
PoetChan says...

I think the age should be lowered a bit. As a junior in high school, I'm being given the tools to understand the world actions that have shaped my country and that have led to what's happening today. If they're preparing us to be educated about the world/elections/gov't, etc., it should be allowed that we can vote.