Supporter

Reviews: 3676
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:40 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Leave the moderating up to us, guys. ;)

I actually... um... don't know what Percy Jackson is. *lame*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 1
Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:59 pm
View Likes
livluvroc says...

percy jackson is great because greek gods were once wayyyyyy more popular than wizards. :D (you know, in ancient time) rick riordan is bringing them back.
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Yeah... I know im just not spelling right because im on my phone. So if i dont spell anything right then its probably beacuse im on my phone, I rarely have any time for the computer, and yeah im only 13 i dont know as much grammar as you would expect, but i do in some ways. So please go easy on me? Thanks :) well... Anyways lets get back to the debate! (ps. Just beacuse i'm a nice,little, sensitive person doesnt mean i cant debate or be in the debating section jas. but i support your opinion :) ) thanks!
;)
So you're the player?

Nice to meet you, I'm the coach.

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

And snoink- its okay! You can look it up! Its okay... Dont worry about it!
So you're the player?

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Aw, now I feel bad. I'm sorry. Merrr. Me and my anger issues.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

115 Reviews

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:00 am
View Likes
PixieStix says...

It's alright. I undertsand I sometimes have that too :D
So you're the player?

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:13 am
View Likes
ZaddieCaso says...

Harry Potter is loved, translated into hundreds of different languages and read in many different cultures.

Personally I feel Percy Jackson would never ever beat Harry Potter. It does not appeal to a wide age range. Percy Jackson is almost entirely read by teenagers or younger, Harry Potter is a phenomenon that has swept the entire world in many different mediums.

I hate to be all decisive as this is a discussion, but I think in the long run, in fact in almost every single way,

Harry Potter beats Percy Jackson hands down.
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

I started to read the Harry Potter series, and lost interest somewhere along book four when things got boring a sluggish. Never touched it since.

I was the first one to read The Lightning Thief in my school, right when the book came out basically, and I chose it because of the cover. I loved it, and read the whole series.

Honestly, I like Percy J because it isn't slow for a span of chapters, unlike Harry Potter. I have patience, but not enough to see how long it takes a glob of peanut butter to slide down the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:23 am
View Likes
ZaddieCaso says...

JustSoNinja wrote: I have patience, but not enough to see how long it takes a glob of peanut butter to slide down the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I'm sure that watching a glob of peanut butter slide down the leaning tower of Pisa, would actually be quite fast.

I mean it's still pretty vertical
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

12 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:59 am
View Likes
Pilot says...

But's its peanut butter. I can't even get it off the knife after I spread it on my toast.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:10 pm
View Likes
babymagic18 says...

Never never never!!!!! Harry Potter will always be at the top!

12 Reviews

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 pm
Pilot says...

No way. I think Harry Potter is up there, but as of now I think more people are into P.J.

(My 200th post ;D)

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:27 am
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Harry Potter kicks Percy Jackson's butt! I liked Percy Jackson and all, but you can't even compare the two. That's like saying the color blue is better than the sky. Harry Potter has better atmosphere, characters, action, everything. It even started in the nineties, that alone makes it great.
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

12 Reviews

Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:20 am
View Likes
Pilot says...

Shinobiinfinity wrote:That's like saying the color blue is better than the sky.

No offense, but the two tend to be the same color. xD

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:05 am
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

Okay. This post maybe long and this question is extremely easy. ;) OBVIOUSLY it's Harry Potter, love.

Now why DO I say that?

1) Harry Potter famously written by the author Joanne Kathleen Rowling, came out in 30th June 1997. It is nothing related to real world and Harry Potter is not only about magic. It has LOTS of imagination than Percy Jackson.

2) Percy Jackson famously written by the author Rick Riordan, came out in in June 28th, 2005. It is related to Greek Mythology and that's how he uses his imagination. While HP starts from a whole different world. It brought kids to believe that magic sometimes is real. Rowling has brought across that feeling. PJ doesn't have much of imagination as Rowling gave in.

3) Many stories are related to Greek Mythology. Really. Its getting old, you know. Harry Potter never gets old. There are just many epic characters in it. And each one of them is different from each other.

4) I'm not saying PJ just sucks, its WAY better than Twilight anyway. But I don't think it can reach the efforts to HP. For that, you have to born again. Have you seen the movie of PJ? It isn't even taken properly. HP movies are just correct. Some people haven't even read the book of HP but they still love it by seeing the movie. 5 books have come out and only 1 movie? I mean, really? :O Maybe the movie of Book 2 should also come out.

5) HP has very good English. Percy Jackson books really have to develop that. After reading HP, I may have learned over 20 new words. Ha ha :smt003 ! And that's really awesome. In PJ maybe around 5-7 words, I guess?

I think I made my point clear. Okay, I'm done here. ^.^
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'