23%
Brains...?
77%

Total votes : 30

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 am
Mikko says...

Bah. I don't feel like posting a whole essay on the subject so I'll just say brains. *Votes*

Buuuut, why can't people be both? I mean I know people who are both intelligent and beautiful.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Ooh, look at me! I'm a link!

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:08 am
Unconsoled says...

Ir's facism to vote for one. we are all human. we all have differences. you can be very good at math and at the same time be crap at history and you may find someone attractive who someone else don't...........this thing don't matter.
β€œThe parts of me that used to think I was different or smarter or whatever, almost made me die.”
― David Foster Wallace

'You've been told and not told'
--Kazuo Ishiguro

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:29 pm
Wolfdancer95 says...

I'm 16, female.

And I would say that it's rather the person's personality, you know, that little thing called love tthat is supposed to strike randomly? I wouldn't care if my guy (or girl) was as ugly as a mule and dumb as a board, but I would love him for a reason, not on appearance or intelligence (they are an addition.)

Appearance attracts a catch, intelligence reels them in, personality is the sinker. Sure you have to work your way to the last one. But I wait until I now more on the person's personality first.

... I know realize that my crush is both handsome and smart. There are hypocricsy undertones in this entire comment now.
'I am the monster in your head.'~ Breaking Benjamin.
"Little voice I thought I got ride of? I have some advice for you: SHUT. UP."~ WolfDancer.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:36 pm
kasimkaey says...

Agreed with the comment about what scale we're using. I'm a 17 year old male and I do not think those airhead blondes who walk around half naked are beautiful. I actually think they lack self esteem and are insecure about themselves. Those are not beautiful people. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so yeah, I'd choose brains because beauty can wither away leaving you like an empty tree in September, but your knowledge won't fade.
'Do or do not, there is no try.' Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm
Pigeon says...

Brains! (not to sound like a zombie or anything)
I think about things all the time. Sometimes I have to go away from people and just sit by myself and think. And I love understanding concepts and ideas. The thought of losing those thoughts and that understading has always terrified me, and having more doesn't sound bad at all. Definitely worth trading looks in for.
Don't get me wrong, I woud hate to be ugly. It's taken me many years to believe that I'm not ugly and I'd hate to go back to how I thought of myself before, but I'd hate to lose my ways of thinking even more.

So, seventeen year old girl saying brains. :)
Reader, what are you doing?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:35 am
inkwell says...

Life seems to be more forgiving to the physically attractive. I've never been certain that being intelligent compensates enough for that, but being intelligent allows for a different way of appreciating beauty.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." β€” Einstein

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 am
Jas says...

I'm fifteen and a girl and the first thing I chose was beauty.

Then I thought about it and chose brains. Beauty can fade, beauty can be destroyed in an accident, beauty can be taken advantage of. I'd love to be beautiful, but there are millions of beautiful girls. I can change the world with my intelligence rather than with my beauty.

I think I'd rather be average at both though. Maybe that's because I'm fifteen and dem hormones be actin' up but I don't want to be hideous because I want boys to like me but I don't want to be stupid because from what I know, guys don't like stupid girls. I guess, at the moment, I am average at both. I'm not ugly but I'm not beautiful. I'm not a genius but I'm not stupid. Eh. :]
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 am
sockmonkey says...

brains definitely we would never get any with a bunch of pretty people in fact without brains we could be what is defined as attractive now but we would not now the standard of beautiful commonly regarded as so by society because without brains we have no well functioning society i am not sure if what i just said makes any sense to you but oh well :)
its built on lies...just like the mafia the cia and fox news...sockmonkey...away!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:10 am
stargazer9927 says...

If you knew me personally you would know I chose brains without even thinking about it. I think I'm pretty, and I've been told that by more than one person. I can't wait for the day I get asked to a dance and I show the guy just how "beautiful" I am, even though everyone thinks I'm not all that pretty since I'm not that skinny, I'm short, I have a acne problem, I never do anything with my hair, and I never wear makeup.

I agree with whoever said beauty fades and you're only beautiful on the outside rather than the inside. So many celebrities these days are just a pretty face. They have no talent and they can't think for themselves in some cases. It's sad, and I would hate to end up like that. I would rather be ugly and know the person loves me for me and get far in life with my brains then be a pretty face to everyone and pretty much just be a trophy wife. Beauty isn't forever, and I think if you want to know the true beauty of a person you should look into their eyes. That's where you find their soul. If you've never read the Baseball Box Prophecy I highly suggest it.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:40 am
walkertalker says...

I would personally go with brains. Eventually beauty will go away, as previously stated and i tend to have better conversations with a person who knows and has their own opinion on things. I'm not saying that those with beauty are not intelligent or cannot have their own opinion, but i am in high school at the moment, so my view is affected by that significantly. I just don't bond with those who just have beauty.Of course i wouldn't mind a girl who has a "pretty" face and body but to me a persons attitude, and the way they act makes their whole appearance, i would rather be with someone who is smart and has a good personality rather than with someone who is "drop dead" gorgeous and has a horrible personality. I am 15 and a male.