Effects of, opinions of, uses/misuses of, how its changed x and y, etc. GO
well you'll work harder
with a gun in your back!
for a bowl of rice a day

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:04 am
inkwell says...

My favorite aspect is the photography. I think it deserves to be expanded upon. I have many long-distant friends and family members, and facebook makes it easy for everyone to share photos together.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

1065 Reviews

Reviews: 1065
Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:49 pm
Kyllorac says...

It went from being a place where you could network to get a better job/keep in touch with classmates to a place where everyone and their dog gets on just because. It was like watching the average intelligence of the internet drop all over again.

Then again, me + social = lolwut.

I haven't logged on in forever, but I remember the games were pretty good. Fun little timekillers.
Screwing with gender since 1995.

There are no chickens in Hyrule.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:48 am
Taxi says...

I reluctantly joined Facebook a few years ago at the request of several family members, and to be honest, I never got anything out of it. Well, I did get in contact with some of my distant cousins, but I would have talked to them on the phone anyway, getting to hear their voice and all. But I will say that the pictures are great. They let you keep up-to-date with your distant friends or relatives in a way that status updates wish they could.

I think what I like least about Facebook is its games. Seriously, how many flippin' Farmville requests can you receive in a day? I think I might have broken some kind of record. >:|
I have a hate for Farmville, since I think it's a very poor game that forces the player to keep playing out of commitment rather than fun. (similar to World of Warcraft)

The apps are just as bad as the games. They both also love to invade not only your privacy, but your friends' as well. It gets really old after a while. Especially when it posts things on your wall without telling you. That alone, after it happened to me the first time, was enough to permanently stop me from using apps or playing games.

Finally, I have a lot of moral issues with Facebook and how it operates in general. I won't go into it in detail, but it's got less than innocent developers.
Man vs Toddler
My previous username was Lyricalias.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:29 am
ChocoCookie says...

Attolia! ;D

Okay. So... Facebook. Interesting topic. ^o^
Okay, BOOM! Here goes:

Advantages of Facebook: It's a good way to keep in touch with everyone since, many of our friends are in it. You can play games and all... :) Also, create groups so you can post in your stuff or any questions to be asked.

Disadvantages of Facebook: There are many. Since, Facebook is a social-networking website, all your information can be tracked. Even if your profile is fully private, people can still track you. There are many people out there who accept any friend request they get so that, when people open they're profile they'll be like "Wow! She has lots of friends." And then one day, you get tracked by a stranger and all the problems get more serious and you realize, you're in for a trap. >.<

Next, children around 6-15 years mustn't be on Facebook actually because, that is the age where they make major mistakes. Some children are restricted from Facebook but with sneaky ideas in their mind, they join it without their parents knowing. And once, you get addicted to it, you have no option of deactivating the account.

Misuses: If you get the chance to go on Facebook, make sure to never misuse that chance. It's a very dangerous world out here, so you can't really believe your own friends. D: But never add strangers. This isn't lecturing, it's something serious in your life.

Facebook, is a bad website. To much addiction to a website like FB isn't good. YWS is a good website, because we all don't do stuff like that and we decide to be good people. I'm proud to be here. ^.^

Facebook? BOOOOO!!!!!! :| :smt021

Safe websites are Twitter, Geni, Hi5, Friendster, etc...
That's all! :smt023

Cookie :smt049 :smt040
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 pm
Podge says...

Facebook is a social abomination, at least in my opinion anyway. I've never had a serious conversation there once, and when I try to post something sensible or what I've been doing. I get called a geek or they just cyber-laugh in my face, which naturally causes arguments between the two people. Then to come to school really angry to find out he was just having a joke is quite aggravating, to say the least.

I quit Facebook two months ago, deleted my account entirely, so I shall never be reminded of the horrors that went on there. I joined Google+ when it was in early beta and it was such a refreshing feeling to know that I wasn't held by the restraints I felt Facebook gave me to only add people you know. In my circles are photographers, artists and even people who travel the world.

It has flourished passions into me I didn't even know I had an interest in, I've seen the world from my computer, just using my photographers circle and filtering people out from different countries. The best thing about it is that those who inhabit G+ are literate, I can actually make out what they're saying!

So, my final verdict? You guessed it, Google+ rules, Facebook sucks.
Penguins are Flipping Brilliant.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:41 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

From my mother's perspective it's the best thing since sliced bread. Because of the ability to connect with people and share pictures she loves watching our relatives grow up through it, and it keeps them in touch.

Occasionally she gets a friend request from a stranger but apart from that she has a lot of fun talking to cousins she otherwise wouldn't speak to, or people who live far away.

It also means she gets to go on my profile and stalk my activities - leading me into the bad section.

Stalkers are not fun people to have on facebook. I've had people in posession of photographs taken at events that they didn't attend, because they got them off facebook. I've also had a new aquaintance find scraps of information about me from searching back as far as a years worth of profile messages.

I've also seen my 14-year-old relative posing in a bikini on a profile that has over 300 friends added - and I can bet most of them aren't actually friends. A nine year old relative who's mother lied about her age to sign her up, Not to mention witnessing my cousins first heartbreak played out in chatspeak.

I guess it depends on how you use it or how webwary you are.
We were born to be amazing.