Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Male Cosmetics?

Post a reply

Should guys use waxing and stuff like that?

Yay
55%
Nay
45%

Total votes : 20

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:37 pm
Zion says...

SO? What do you think? Day by day, we can see men waxing their legs and stuff like that. Here in Macedonia the grupos are divideed. Some love it some hate it. Call me a wuss But I like it. I like smooth skin. I excpet the same fom a girl as well.
(answers by girls are very welcomed :D )
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:34 am
Chevy says...

Well, if you ask me (which you haven't, but anyway), I think it can be done to one extreme. However, on the other hand, you have to be mindful that it doesn't go too far. Bad enough we already have enough guys dressing and acting like females...
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:22 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

It doesn't appeal to me, personally, for a guy to take so much care, but it's up to them. If they want to do it, fine, if not, whatever. I see no reason why it should affect my life.

817 Reviews

Reviews: 817
Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:47 pm
niteowl says...

Yeah what she said. She put it better than I could. It's your decision. Whatever.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci
"You need a reason to be sad. You don't need a reason to be happy." DJ, "Sideways Stories from Wayside School"
<YWS><R1>

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:19 pm
Galatea says...

A well-groomed man is always on the top of my list. Of course, every one's idea of well-groomed is different. Personally, I think the concept of the 'metrosexual' (as the american public has so affectionatly termed it) was invented as a marketing ploy to finally make it okay for men to want clean hair, a well shaven face and nice clothes. However, there is nothing wrong with men wanting these things. Who ever said that it was okay for women to spend hours getting beautiful for their men, but NOT okay for men to spend hours getting beautiful for their women. I appreciate it when a boy I'm going out with has taken the time to make himself presentable. So have at it boys! I won't complain.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:29 am
randy says...

You mean like shaving your legs and stuff? Well, if it's your thing, I won't ask any questions. However, I love my hairy legs. I shave my face. I occaisonally shower, and use deoderant every month or so. Sometimes I'll even wash my hands. Shaving the legs, though, that's a scary thought for me...
Bibamus, morturande est.

94 Reviews

Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:39 am
Zion says...

FInally MY kind a girl! :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:57 am
Galatea says...

All the men here should read The Beauty Myth, by Naomi Wolf. It's a very good expression of what is affecting women at this moment, and I think it would be extremely beneficial for men to get a good idea of the backlash that will be affecting them in the not-so-distant future.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:00 am
Incandescence says...

...eh?

The Beauty Myth? Perhaps...

I don't shave/wax or use any cosmetics. Although...it's not like I have anything to *shave* anyway. Except maybe sideburns...
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:50 am
ZZAP says...

:roll: :?

Soooo waxing legs ehh? Well, men who fall under the catagory as sprinters, bicyclists, swimmers, and any other sport that requires speed by the second, they kind of need to. But for just the plain feel, look, and image of it? I don't know. It kind of destroys the fact of *pleasures* you get from the females ehh? I mean, it's kinda scary if a guy's legs are smoother than his girl's, as he will get used to the "smooth-ness". This can happen, as most of the time you are supposed to shave right after you get out of the shower. It makes a smoother shave, as guys should know who shave their facial hair. But sometimes the women wake up late, not shower, not shave, and have unshaven legs. Where as the guy in that same time did shave, making him more smoother than the female. Weird, and a little uneasy for me. But very possible.

-Z

94 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:46 am
Zion says...

Btw, if anyone considers of removing leg-hair, dont shave your legs. Why? You will have to be prepared for in grown hairs, itches, and that sort of thinigs. Even though it hurts more, I recomend waxing, it has a better effect. OMG, did I just said that? Oh my... :oops: :P

Immanuel Kant

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:10 am
Bobo says...

Since females have traditionally cared more about having smooth legs than men, it seems to be automatically accepted that shaving or waxing you legs if you're a guy is "gay" behavior. I thought so too, but now that I really think about it, if girls like guys who have smooth legs, then why not?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:59 am
Tara says...

If the guy wants to, then let him! It's completelyhis choice, and if he wants to wear makeup, of shave his legs, or wear a dress and high-heels at that, it's fine with me! His deal!

(Lol, call me wierd, but I'm atracted to guys with dark eyelashes. Eyes are the first thing I notice about a guy. If anything abouta guys appearance matters even a tiny bit to me, it would have to be eyes. If guys wear eyeliner-not Jack sparrow style, but a thin line of it on the bottom-I think it looks pretty cool.)
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:23 pm
MasterChief says...

Sorry Tara, but a guy that does wear eyeliner is probably gay. :roll:

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:28 pm
Tara says...

I know a few around here who do, lol, and they aren't gay. Then I know some gay guys as well. Gay guys rock! :P
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone