Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Belief

Topic locked
User avatar
29 Reviews


Gender: Male
Points: 1396
Reviews: 29
Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:30 pm
jok101 says...



Ultimately in my opinion they're are two types of people in this world people who believe and people who don't it doesn't matter if you a jew or a christian or a Muslim or any other religion your all linked by the fundamental belief that theirs a higher power. On the other hand you have atheists theirs a few categories

Easy going atheist:

type 1: doesn't believe in anything finds religion funny and when asked about what they believe is unsure( a lot of people fall into this category)
type 2: doesn't believe in any religion and believes in science but will eventually come to an understanding with themselves that they're is some form of higher power

Steadfast Atheist: These atheist don't believe in religion at all and are unwilling when they're views are challenged to hear what is being said( lots of people are like this they label themselves an atheist and for whatever reason have trouble adjusting

Crazed atheist: Ironically these guys follow they're belief just as sternly as many religious nuts however unlike many religious nuts they tend to be assholes. (an yes if you think about it the fast majority of religious nuts are nice people as long as you don't question they're religion) Crazed atheist in my opinion seem to be very arrogant in they're beliefs.


Personally I'm of the opinion that atheist are narrow minded who don't have the ability to believe or even imagine how they're could be a higher power out they're and while I think that their narrow minded I also have to say that I think its quite sad that some people can't see a future beyond death.




User avatar
36 Reviews


Gender: None specified
Points: 13373
Reviews: 36
Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 pm
View Likes
tr3x says...



Crazy-beyond-all-help atheist reporting for duty.
1. The term we prefer is Gnostic (Strong) Atheist.
2. Thus, belief can be divided into :
- Gnostic Theism: Strong, devout worshipers. Hard to convert/convince. Fundamentalists fall into this category.
- Agnostic Theism: Beliefs may be vague and/or may be culturally inclined. Maintain a neutral position, but believe in a higher power. Most people fall into this category.
- Agnostic Atheism: Non-believer, yet not aggressive in unbelief.
- Gnostic Atheist: Adamant in unbelief.

A common misconception is that atheists are not open to other beliefs. This is incorrect. We will gladly believe anything you say - provided you can prove it, back it up with empirical evidence and instill in us utter certainty beyond all reasonable doubt. So far, no one has been able convince me that a god exists beyond reasonable doubt. You're welcome to try, I'm afraid you'd fail.

So far I have not done anything to confirm my "asshole" reputation. I can patronize you and point out the numerous spelling and grammatical errors in your post if you like.

Personally I'm of the opinion that religion is terribly misguided wishful thinking or possibly mass delusion. Did you have a point you wished to argue?
A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on.
- Terry Pratchett

Si non confectus, non recifiat - If it ain't broken, don't fix it.




User avatar
81 Reviews


Gender: Other
Points: 1263
Reviews: 81
Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:03 am
View Likes
Pigeon says...



I'm confused. Is this a topic for debate? You've just stated your opinion, I don't know what you want to discuss.
Since I can find several things to dispute in your post, I guess I'll start there.
jok101 wrote:type 2: doesn't believe in any religion and believes in science but will eventually come to an understanding with themselves that they're is some form of higher power
You infer that anyone who never acknowledges a higher power is stupid. May I ask why you think this?

jok101 wrote:Steadfast Atheist: These atheist don't believe in religion at all and are unwilling when they're views are challenged to hear what is being said( lots of people are like this they label themselves an atheist and for whatever reason have trouble adjusting
Have trouble adjusting? Or maybe they are just steadfast in what they believe. Why do they have to adjust? Not being willing to hear other people's opinions is bad though. I agree with you there.

jok101 wrote:Crazed atheist: Ironically these guys follow they're belief just as sternly as many religious nuts however unlike many religious nuts they tend to be assholes. (an yes if you think about it the fast majority of religious nuts are nice people as long as you don't question they're religion)
I know so very many religious assholes. That's not to say that atheists can't be assholes too, but it is not their special prerogative.


Now, I would just like to point out that these categories aren't exclusive to atheism. Humans of any group will fall into similar categories.

jok101 wrote:Easy going atheist:

type 1: doesn't believe in anything finds religion funny and when asked about what they believe is unsure( a lot of people fall into this category)
type 2: doesn't believe in any religion and believes in science but will eventually come to an understanding with themselves that they're is some form of higher power

Easy going theist:

type 1: has a vague conviction that there is some kind of higher power and when asked about what they believe is unsure.
type 2: nominally follows some particular religion - often the religion they were raised in.

jok101 wrote:Steadfast Atheist: These atheist don't believe in religion at all and are unwilling when they're views are challenged to hear what is being said( lots of people are like this they label themselves an atheist and for whatever reason have trouble adjusting

Steadfast theist: These theists believe in a religion and when their views are challenged they are unwilling to hear what is being said (for instance, when they are presented with scientific evidence which they perceive as conflicting with their faith they have trouble adjusting).

jok101 wrote:Crazed atheist: Ironically these guys follow they're belief just as sternly as many religious nuts however unlike many religious nuts they tend to be assholes. (an yes if you think about it the fast majority of religious nuts are nice people as long as you don't question they're religion) Crazed atheist in my opinion seem to be very arrogant in they're beliefs.

Crazed theist: These guys follow their belief fanatically, and just like a lot of atheistic nuts (and any kind of 'nut'), these religious nuts can be assholes (and if you think about it the vast majority of atheistic nuts are nice people as long as you don''t ignore the evidence they have for their beliefs). Crazed theists, in my opinion, are very arrogant in their beliefs.


Between us have we created a relatively equal plane to start from?
Reader, what are you doing?





User avatar
29 Reviews


Gender: Male
Points: 1396
Reviews: 29
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm
View Likes
jok101 says...



Well you both proved my opinion correct by being assholes so not really. To be honest I was generally interested in what religious people thought of religion. I only put the thing about the atheist in to piss you lot off and get your knickers in a twist. I do understand what your saying about crazed theist after all when you get mad religious nuts they kill a sinner or blow up iconic towers when a crazed atheist gets mad about what they believe they post a blog or write a comment on you tube.




User avatar
840 Reviews


Gender: Male
Points: 1426
Reviews: 840
Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:31 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...



As near as I can tell, the subject of this discussion is what jok101 believes. But this is hardly a topic for this forum; as this isn't a serious subject; rather it is an opinion. Blogs were invented for people to state their personal opinions.

So, I'm locking this thread.

*Locked*
<YWS><R1><Founders>