Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Do you actually want a Prince Charming?

Post a reply
262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:28 am
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

The stereotypical perfect man; if he existed, would anyone actually want him?

Discuss.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 pm
View Likes
MeanMrMustard says...

No, people enjoy complexity, being complimented by the "other person", and learning from failure and then achieving success. Prince Perfect Charming is a great way to make yourself miserable with expectations that blind you from perfectly fine people.

554 Reviews

Reviews: 554
Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:20 pm
View Likes
Persy says...

I would probably kill myself.

I'm attracted to flawed people. I dunno why; it's a bad thing in some cases, because I just want to take all the broken people and fix them. But, at the same time, helping someone in a relationship is what builds the strongest connections, from what I've gotten.

There's also the matter of self-esteem to consider. If you were around someone perfect all the time, how do you think that would affect you?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:47 pm
View Likes
Blink says...

My idea of perfection is someone who is probably deeply flawed. So I guess so. :P
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:52 pm
View Likes
AquaMarine says...

Stereotypical Prince Charming is also there to accompany stereotypical woman. He sweeps her off her feet and provides everything for her, whilst she dances around the house sweeping with some cute little rabbits and birds.

Personally, I don't want that. I couldn't deal with being taken care of, or being with someone who thinks I need to be taken care of.

On another point: I see being 'perfect' as a flaw in itself, so definitely wouldn't want that. Complications make things better.

This is, of course, me only taking notice of the stereotypical Prince Charming, not my ideal person. Then again, I have absolutely no idea what my 'ideal' person would be like because, seriously? They're unlikely to exist. Take people as they are, instead of trying to fit them into a mould you create.

I'm totally rambling now. xD
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

1159 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1159
Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 am
View Likes
Twit says...

Surely a Prince Charming isn't someone perfect, but the guy who fits you best. So that makes him perfect, but he's not perfect perfect, which does make him perfect.
"Tv makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

898 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 898
Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 pm
View Likes
Elinor Brynn says...

Well, I always say I'm waiting for my Romeo/Prince Charming, but I use those words to describe my ideal vision of a guy -- it's different for everyone, I think. I don't think I want someone is perfect, like Twit said, but a perfect match for me; one that makes me laugh and will be there for me but has their flaws.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:33 pm
View Likes
Funkymomo says...

hmm, I suppose i'd take him if he came. Maybe it wouldn't work out, but oh well.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:48 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Nope. Being with someone perfect would deflate my already low self esteem. I'd also be extremely jealous. ALL. THE. TIME.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 am
View Likes
Octave says...

>>" Can someone actually define who/what "Prince Charming" is/is like? I can't really answer the question without knowing that. o0"
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

268 Reviews

Reviews: 268
Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:10 am
View Likes
fireheartedkaratepup says...

Prince Charming: fairytale version:

+Is perfectly handsome. No skin flaws. Chiselled jaw. Nice clothes. Other such things.
+Rescues the princess from an evil monster. Is brave.
+Falls in love with the princess (often instantly) and pursues her. Not aggressively, but insistently.
+Is gentle. Likes animals and such. Loves the princess' friends.
+LIves in a castle. By association, rich. Provides for princess.
+Always supports his princess.

Real life fairytale version:

+Always know what a girl wants. Can practically read minds.
+Is handsome. No physical flaws. Chiselled. (:P)
+Lavishly bestows gifts and compliments.
+Always agrees with his girl.
+Strong, mentally and physically.
+Sweet, especially towards girls, children, animals, and the elderly.

I don't want to list anything else. (The lists are subject to alternate interpretation, addition, and revision anyway.)
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:17 am
View Likes
Jagged says...

As long as he doesn't try to hurt my dragons, there's a chance we might make it work.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

268 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:18 am
View Likes

Now, as for "Do I actually want a Prince Charming?"

.....yes and no.

There's an interesting book called Captivating which says there are three core desires of a woman's heart:

1.to be fought for
2. to have an adventure to share
3. to have a beauty to unveil

(This goes along with the man's desires:
1. to have a battle to fight
2. a beauty to rescue
3. an adventure to live. )

These desires may be buried deep--way, way down in some cases--but I think they're there.

Anyway, I think that's where the Prince Charming thing comes from.

Me? Well........................ I adore Tim Drake/Robin and infinitely prefer Batman over Superman. (Superman actually annoys me.)

Does that answer your question?

I guess I like em tough on the outside with a soft center.
--Pengu

268 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:19 am
View Likes

Jagged wrote:As long as he doesn't try to hurt my dragons, there's a chance we might make it work.

Win.
--Pengu

842 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 842
Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:48 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Proposed Definition for the Perfect Couple:

Given boy and girl. Let B be the character of the boy G be the character of the girl. dB/dt and dG/dt are the change in the character of the boy and girl respectively with respect to time. b and g represent the effect of the characters of the boy and girl respectively on their new character.

Let the equation is this: dB/dt=b+g, dG/dt=b+g. If b+g>0, then a positive feedback loop emerges. (i.e. the couple is good to one another, and makes one another better.) Otherwise, the couple becomes indifferent (b+g=0) or they hate one another (b+g<0.)

The perfect couple has b+g>0.
<YWS><R1><Founders>