Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Do you think that the world will have 1 state?

Post a reply
729 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 729
Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:41 pm
Lava says...

I don't believe a unified state is beneficial to everyone.

I have to agree with Tr3x about the amount of discrimination, not just in India, but just everywhere in the world. Bringing in a unified state will only magnify the problems., because see. For one, even the one with a majority vote will have millions who haven't voted for him/her (basic percentages). And then, supposing there is a Sri Lankan, a French and an Australian in the election race, Indians will tend to support the Sri Lankan. Humans are biased.
There is wayyy too much complexity in the world to control it.

I think it would be easiest to use international institutions like UN to bring forth a world state.
This would prevent wars and would do away with many conflicts. This would enable Humanity to function as a single cohesive unit.

I should think that UN right now maintains the international relations and promotes global welfare, albeit not too intrusively. If it were to become the dominant body, there would have to be a reshuffling of the entire world's political system re writing of judiciary and legislation and stuff. There shouldn't be any stepping on toes.
As to your second sentence, conflicts cannot be prevented. Just as how (if you follow popular Indian blogs) Chennai girls hate Delhi and Delhi dudes hate Chennai.

The boundary of these states are drawn on the basis of language, culture, and the aspirations of the people.
It is exactly this that is the problem with Kashmir, Telangana etc.
People keep dividing themselves. They have 'their community' to think about.

Now with aliens.... ( :P )
I BLOG!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:21 pm
Aet Lindling says...

It could happen, but it wouldn't be advisable. There needs to be some separation so that if a country becomes corrupt another would be able to correct. No one group should have full control.
12-18-12 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: ...Aet and Bog sometimes sound like a comedy duo.
12-18-12 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: Just pointing it out.

RIP Bog 2008-2013. If only we could comede once more...

The neap tide draws.
The Leviathan nears.
Caterjunes.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:33 am
Matthew says...

If it ever does happen, it would be fulfilling Biblical prophecy.

For it to happen:
1. The one state would be disarm the population. Yes, I mean, as in, taking away firearms. Firearms and WOMD would cancel out wars if the state had control of it. I can already see it happening. The long and tedious process I have to go through to get a firearms licence is horrendous, and quite discouraging. The very fact that there are so many fatalities and crimes committed with firearms gives the governments of this world all the more reason to take them away. It is an on-going debate in the political chambers.
2. An incredible event would have to take place. Something will have to come about the set forth the motion of creating a one world government. According to Scripture, the Rapture will put the world in chaos and give reason for a unified world. Also, the increasing amount of wars, famines, catastrophes and shear rate at which this world is plunging in all aspects, gives all the more reason for it to unify.
3. People hate people despite whether they are governed under the same government or not. A one world government would just be another political system. People are still going to hate each other, but just because they are governed by one state doesn't mean they suddenly 'love'. It could happen, and the government would be composed of many different nationalities. Personally, I believe the UN and EU are prime examples of the fact that the wheels are in motion.
4. It would come through economics. Already we are seeing the world and its unified market. You can buy and sell online to overseas countries, you exchange your currency for another. A new system will have to be set up to combat the continuously up and down economy. It would not be a fact of whether you wanted to be governed by one state or not, you would have to buy and sell.

I truly believe that this will happen, and yes, Jesus Christ predicted it (and I say that because His words are becoming more and more accurate so it fits with the debate). He also predicted the 'birth pains'- the increasing famines, earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, and natural disasters. The stage is being set.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they face one another, drew their swords and shot each other!

66 Reviews

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 am
Matthew says...

For it to happen:
1. The one state would be disarm the population. Yes, I mean, as in, taking away firearms. Firearms and WOMD would cancel out wars if the state had control of it. I can already see it happening. The long and tedious process I have to go through to get a firearms licence is horrendous, and quite discouraging. The very fact that there are so many fatalities and crimes committed with firearms gives the governments of this world all the more reason to take them away. It is an on-going debate in the political chambers.
2. An incredible event would have to take place. Something will have to come about the set forth the motion of creating a one world government. According to Scripture, the Rapture will put the world in chaos and give reason for a unified world. Also, the increasing amount of wars, famines, catastrophes and shear rate at which this world is plunging in all aspects, gives all the more reason for it to unify.
3. People hate people despite whether they are governed under the same government or not. A one world government would just be another political system. People are still going to hate each other, but just because they are governed by one state doesn't mean they suddenly 'love'. It could happen, and the government would be composed of many different nationalities. Personally, I believe the UN and EU are prime examples of the fact that the wheels are in motion.
4. It would come through economics. Already we are seeing the world and its unified market. You can buy and sell online to overseas countries, you exchange your currency for another. A new system will have to be set up to combat the continuously up and down economy. It would not be a fact of whether you wanted to be governed by one state or not, you would have to buy and sell.

I truly believe that this will happen, and yes, Jesus Christ predicted it (and I say that because His words are becoming more and more accurate so it fits with the debate). He also predicted the 'birth pains'- the increasing famines, earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, and natural disasters. The stage is being set.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they face one another, drew their swords and shot each other!

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:54 am
Pigeon says...

This reminds me of an article I read recently. Bob Brown, leader of the Australian Greens Party, advocated a world parliament, although he said it was purely conceptual at this point and won't happen in his lifetime. Here's a bit from the article:
Senator Brown said a global parliament would tackle international questions such as nuclear proliferation, currency speculation, marine eco-system destruction ''and those billion people who could be fed and literate if only a tenth of global military spending was sent to their assistance''.

But such a body would not replace sovereign governments - it would have to be established with the agreement of these governments.

''The issue has been on the books for a couple of centuries - it is going to get steam as we become a global community and have to find a means for sorting out our global destiny.'' The international discussion was about where the discussion about Australian federation was in 1868, he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/brown ... z1bU0bNNiE

The thing about "those billion people who could be fed and literate if only a tenth of global military spending was sent to their assistance" really got me. I think maybe having one state could be good if it looked after everyone. I think we might have one state eventually, but it's a long way off.
Reader, what are you doing?

66 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:04 am
Matthew says...

I don't think we can predict how far off it is. This world has too many twists and turns and things happening that we could never have imagined all the time, everyday.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:16 am
Pigeon says...

Yes and no. We can't predict it in any very exact sense, but we can recognise the the negotiations alone between various governments would take decades. Putting it into practice would also take many years.
Reader, what are you doing?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm
Seraph says...

spinelli wrote:I've been feeling like a major conspirator lately [actually, just this morning I was reading all about this on the Wiki XD], but I have to say yes. I'm 18, American, so I'm legal to vote now. Presumably I should be very concerned with the upcoming election, soaking in all the talk of the new candidates and whatnot. I'm Texan, and I'm a Christian, so I think we can surmise the political background with which I've grown up. :B Being a Christian, I've always believed that the AntiChrist will rule with a one-world government. In a nutshell. : P So for that reason, I've always believed that there would eventually be 1 state, but I was only a youngin. *shrug* Faith aside, I've always been pretty involved with politics, just as an interest. I followed the presidential race when I was 15 with a magnifying glass taking part in the one-side-versus-the-other battle, but now [ironically when I'm actually allowed to vote], I've realized that it's all wrong. *shrug* At first it was just gaining the understanding that liberals AND conservatives could never be fully right. It was simply understanding that our fighting wasn't any way to solve problems. But now I really think they're all just playing around. I think there's more layers to "goverment" than people think, and it's not as complicated as people try to make it out. I don't know about all that Illuminati stuff, but I'm suspicious there could be something like it. But ultimately, the idea is not far-fetched, and I think that I'm going to be around to see it.

Biblically [yes, Biblically :/ just assume for a moment this is all true] there will be lots of bad things happening [weather-wise (floods, earthquakes, so on), politically (uprisings,violence), technology will boom (*shrugs*), and wrong will become right (hm). Things will be terrible before there can be peace. No one knows exactly how this "peace" will happen, but there are possibilities. There is LOTS of call for change regarding homosexual marriage, bullying, peace for all kinds of people, typically generated at the youth. There is also a HUGE global concern for the environment and "going green," there is technology being shared throughout the world, even to children in Africa [what are they gonna do with a laptop?], and of course, let's remember the Internet. The world is becoming increasingly connected, so ideas are more easily spread.

And there is control. We don't even think about it, but control is everywhere. Most recently, the TSA in America. People argue it's for our safety, but this is just more of our freedom being taken away for the SAKE of freedom. Our internet and phone calls can be tapped for the SAKE of freedom. I dunno. But control is right next to peace on this one.

I talk to much. Sorry.

From now on, I think I should agree with whatever she says.^^^^^ She's right, I was going to go into detail myself, but Spinelli has already done so. =3
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm
Seraph says...

spinelli wrote:I've been feeling like a major conspirator lately [actually, just this morning I was reading all about this on the Wiki XD], but I have to say yes. I'm 18, American, so I'm legal to vote now. Presumably I should be very concerned with the upcoming election, soaking in all the talk of the new candidates and whatnot. I'm Texan, and I'm a Christian, so I think we can surmise the political background with which I've grown up. :B Being a Christian, I've always believed that the AntiChrist will rule with a one-world government. In a nutshell. : P So for that reason, I've always believed that there would eventually be 1 state, but I was only a youngin. *shrug* Faith aside, I've always been pretty involved with politics, just as an interest. I followed the presidential race when I was 15 with a magnifying glass taking part in the one-side-versus-the-other battle, but now [ironically when I'm actually allowed to vote], I've realized that it's all wrong. *shrug* At first it was just gaining the understanding that liberals AND conservatives could never be fully right. It was simply understanding that our fighting wasn't any way to solve problems. But now I really think they're all just playing around. I think there's more layers to "goverment" than people think, and it's not as complicated as people try to make it out. I don't know about all that Illuminati stuff, but I'm suspicious there could be something like it. But ultimately, the idea is not far-fetched, and I think that I'm going to be around to see it.

Biblically [yes, Biblically :/ just assume for a moment this is all true] there will be lots of bad things happening [weather-wise (floods, earthquakes, so on), politically (uprisings,violence), technology will boom (*shrugs*), and wrong will become right (hm). Things will be terrible before there can be peace. No one knows exactly how this "peace" will happen, but there are possibilities. There is LOTS of call for change regarding homosexual marriage, bullying, peace for all kinds of people, typically generated at the youth. There is also a HUGE global concern for the environment and "going green," there is technology being shared throughout the world, even to children in Africa [what are they gonna do with a laptop?], and of course, let's remember the Internet. The world is becoming increasingly connected, so ideas are more easily spread.

And there is control. We don't even think about it, but control is everywhere. Most recently, the TSA in America. People argue it's for our safety, but this is just more of our freedom being taken away for the SAKE of freedom. Our internet and phone calls can be tapped for the SAKE of freedom. I dunno. But control is right next to peace on this one.

I talk to much. Sorry.

From now on, I think I should agree with whatever she says.^^^^^ She's right, I was going to go into detail myself, but Spinelli has already done so. =3
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:14 am
inkwell says...

The European Union is a model I can see being applied to the Americas, South eastern Asia, and other parts of the world (ultimately THE world). The main thing stopping this is currency value. No American wants to form a union with Mexico and Canada because our currency (the dollar) is more valuable. Thus doing so would weaken the dollar (or Amero? :p). On the other hand it seems as if destroying the dollar is our government's goal so I don't see this as improbable.

A world union is not a bad thing. It would probably function like the United States, with different levels of governance. One single state, though, would take an unprecedented force.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

Reviews: 2
Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:23 am
SamiStaletic says...

why would the world have one state? I mean, if you read the bible it is all obvious... But is that what you are talking about? I should possible read the rest of the comments for the true discussion, but I must say, what i read scared me a bit. We can't be all unified, it won't work.
Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace and, lips, O you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death.

185 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:20 am
inkwell says...

SamiStaletic wrote:why would the world have one state? I mean, if you read the bible it is all obvious... But is that what you are talking about? I should possible read the rest of the comments for the true discussion, but I must say, what i read scared me a bit. We can't be all unified, it won't work.

Care to elaborate? I'd imagine much efficiency in dealing with global problems, like climate change. Unless you're saying that people wouldn't want to unite. Which is much more unclear. If people are afraid enough, though, they'll do anything. (See chapter on post 9-11 era).
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:19 am
MasterGrieves says...

It is possible, but I wouldn't bet all of my money on it. In order for the whole world to have one state, that means all of the bad stuff between Britain/USA and Al Quada needs to stop. North Korea needs to become capitalist, which is probably never going to happen unless either Kim Jong Il dies, or gives up (again, veru unlikely). All of the civil wars in Africa, in particular Somalia, need to end. It may be possible, but A LOT of work has to be done to make countries unite.
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

185 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:48 pm
inkwell says...

567ajt wrote:It is possible, but I wouldn't bet all of my money on it. In order for the whole world to have one state, that means all of the bad stuff between Britain/USA and Al Quada needs to stop. North Korea needs to become capitalist, which is probably never going to happen unless either Kim Jong Il dies, or gives up (again, veru unlikely). All of the civil wars in Africa, in particular Somalia, need to end. It may be possible, but A LOT of work has to be done to make countries unite.

Well, when discussing things of this nature, a lot of time is on the table. How much work it takes is irrelevant, what matters is that the trends, and the means, are there. Since you guys are bringing up the Bible for some reason:

Chapter 11

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

- Genesis

Even GOD fears a united species.

66 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 am
Matthew says...

God knew they would kill themselves if they went any higher.