Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Is Romance dead in the young?

Post a reply
180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:12 am
Cspr says...

Oh dear. I'd like to tell you "Yes!", but I cannot, because I'm pretty sure I am a cyborg because I have the emotions of a half-a-teaspoon measuring device. I'm just too logical. Otherwise? Hm. Hard question.

I write some stories (not posted) that involve 'romance', more so a companionship I've yet to see too clearly in real life, and I like to think they get on the level of emotion, if not quality, you suggest, but personally? An obvious no. I believe people can feel deep emotions, but I don't think they allow themselves anymore. Me? I haven't tried, because I'm petrified and halfway can't. I'd like someone to take care of me, but no one will because I'm nuts.

Plus, I don't even get this 'cute' thing people keep talking about. People are people are people--things for me to avoid, study, draw, and write about. And they all look the saaame. So I'm no good with that 'puppy-love romance' either.

Eh. Good luck. I'll continue to be the Voice of Reason. *grins grimly* ('Tis really a dreadful job.)
My SPD senses are tingling.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:04 am
View Likes
spike71294 says...

If you ask me, then frankly I am a heck of a romantic.
But I think what you fail to observe is that romance has changed.
But that doesn't mean that passion is dead.