Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Charlie Sheen Lost His Marbles?

Post a reply
173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:05 am
shiney1 says...

I have been watching him on the news and You Tube and I have to say, I think he has really lost his mind, what with all the jitters, smoking, and strange behavior. Then again, there are some people who have begged to differ. So what do you think is wrong with him and why, and what can he possibly do to help himself if he were to even try? I just want to get more opinions on this, plus it would be nice to have a more light-hearted debate than the ones we usually have.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

♂ + God = ♥
♀ + God = ♥
♂ + ♀ + God = ♥

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:06 pm
XxMattxX says...

True. But there really is nothing to debate on. We all know he's gone crazy.
But as to the reason......
That's a formidable issue...
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:48 am
Jennya says...

I have the feeling he was always crazy. To me all this recent madness is just a publicity stunt.
Stay gold, Ponyboy - S.E. Hinton

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm
Jas says...

I think he's awesome. So many people judge him and it annoys me. So what if he wants to have some fun? It's his life. It's honestly none of anyone else's business. Even when people judge him, he's kind of all 'Eh, what the llama? I'mma do whatever I want'. He's got the money. He's got the time. Why not?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 pm
Bivrax says...

I totally think he lost it. I think he got a face lift or something...

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:33 am
Roadnevertravelled says...

I think it's all dung. So what, ANOTHER guy did crack and ANOTHER guy got too drunk too many times. It's not new news, everyone's just making a big deal out of it. It's his life, he can live it however.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:38 am
Audrey says...

There's significant evidence that Charlie Sheen is bipolar, and was manic at the time of the interviews. Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder include: unrealistic grandiose delusions about oneself or one's abilities, feeling extremely energetic, racing thoughts - jumping from one idea to the next, impaired judgement and impulsiveness, and reckless behavior without regard for the consequences. At least from the media coverage of Sheen, which it should be noted, isn't the most reliable source, it seems that he has exhibited all of these symptoms.

Actually though, I think a more interesting dynamic at play here is people's apparent obsession with celebrity. The amount of news coverage Charlie Sheen received, at least here in the States, was kind of a little ridiculous. Why do we find him so interesting? Do we love to see the those perceived to be mighty fall? I'm not sure of the answer, but it's in interesting question.
"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar
I've never made a bet, but we gamble in desire
I've never lit a match with intent to start a fire,
But recently the flames are getting out of control"

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:36 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

If he is bipolar (and I do agree with you, Audrey) then all the media attention isn't helping things at all. All it does is fuel him into thinking that he is the best and noone can touch him. This will lead to more drug and alcohol abuse and God forbid since nobody deserves this, possible overdose and death. What needs to happen is he needs to actually go to a rehab centre that will fobid ALL media so he can focus on the drug abuse which I believe is more pressing issue for him.

To be quite honest, I hate celebrity news with a passion. I don't care about the 'secret lives of celebrities' and 'all the scandals' but this one was impossible to ignore, so might as well have an opinion on it.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:34 pm
MrSocks says...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1356864/

Last year, Joaquin Phoenix pretended to quite acting to become a Rapper. He travelled the country raping, trying to get a record deal. But in reality, he just wanted to make another movie, about real life.

This is what Charlie Sheen is doing. He is pretending to be nuts to attract attention. Next year he will have a social experiment movie in the theaters... take my word for it.

This is my blog for posting art, poems, philosophy, paintings, photos, or video and other creative works that I've done in my free time.
I would be very happy if you checked it out, and made a comment or two!

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:45 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

I think it's pure publicity; although I do love Charlie Sheen.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 pm
View Likes
XxMattxX says...

Actually though, I think a more interesting dynamic at play here is people's apparent obsession with celebrity. The amount of news coverage Charlie Sheen received, at least here in the States, was kind of a little ridiculous. Why do we find him so interesting? Do we love to see the those perceived to be mighty fall? I'm not sure of the answer, but it's in interesting question.

It's all just an example of my country's messed-up priorities.
They pay a man who openly glorifies his drug abuse and reckless partying about 2 million per episode ( that is, until he got fired), but are cutting the jobs of fire fighters,cops, teachers, and other positions that are actually VITAL to society in order to cut "excess spending".

REALLY?
Come one, now...
DOCTORS who SAVE LIVES don't even earn that much...
TEACHERS who teach the doctors to SAVE LIVES don't even earn that much.
Am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

-Jojo
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link