Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Chunky vs. Creamy Peanut Butter

Post a reply
312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 pm
Lumi says...

It was Jean-Jacques Rousseau who first posed the idea about creamy peanut butter, claiming that it was inherently chunky and therefore naturally satisfactory as such; however, society had pulverized the poor product into submission, into the space-age paste we all know and love.

So this debate, while nothing life or death, is about peanut butter.

Personally, I believe that chunky is the way to go. I mean, in a society in which you never know what the heck you're eating, it's good to know that there are actually peanuts in your peanut butter.

Opinions. Also, be ready to defend your opinion. This is a debate, after all.
You will always fall in love, and it will always be like having your throat cut, just that fast.
Catherynne Valente

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:23 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

When I was younger I used to hate chunky peanut butter and loooove smooth peanut butter. But now I loooove chunky peanut butter too.

So I'm going to be annoying and sit on the fence. As long as it's peanut butter and is edible...I'm not really fussed :D
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

824 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 824
Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:00 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Creamy all the way. It spreads better and it feels much more comfortable in your mouth. With chunky peanut butter, there is the risk of choking, especially with big chunks.

I do understand your point about really knowing that there are peanuts in the peanut butter, and while I can't actually say I believe everything I see written on a jar, I'm happy enough if it says peanut butter.

I am going to tell you an example to support my opinion. I was going to have a piece of this fresh, amazingly soft, probably just baked bread. I was going to have peanut butter with it. So I stuck a knife in a jar full of chunky peanut butter, because it was the only one available at that moment. I started to spread it on the bread, but alas! The bread was so soft, the chunks ripped the bread apart! Then I thought, "Man, I really wish that peanut butter were smooth."

And this is why I believe in creamy peanut butter.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Personally I just always use Mustard. :smt001

/threadjack

What? It is clearly superior here.

(this thread was made for moi)

554 Reviews

Reviews: 554
Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:26 pm
Persy says...

Chunky peanut better is my general preference, but creamy is better in certain situations:
1) with celery
2) with those tortillas (Yes, I know I'm weird. Blame my Phillippino ex-step-mother.)

Otherwise, the chunks in peanut butter are quite reassuring. It's nice to know that what I'm actually does have some semblance and relation to peanuts, especially when I'm back in the US. It's like pulp.
Rousseau has once again held the same ideas as me, though, as usual, they are far more radical. Everything has its place and time.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 pm
XxMattxX says...

I like my peanut butter ,like i like my speech.
smooth, baybay.
lol
-jojo
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

728 Reviews

Reviews: 728
Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:29 am
Lava says...

Chunky all the way.
Because, forget that you can feel the actual peanuts. There's something about this that adds to the texture and well, atleast satisfies my tastebuds.
Also; something chunky, will cause you to chew more. Which in turn is good for you.
I BLOG!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 pm
EmmaJane says...

I hate nuts ... but I love peanut butter. What a joke.

When I used to have chunky peanut butter, I'd always chomp down on a peanut. Which was just unpleasant: they taste horrible. Then I discovered smooth, and my whole world changed for the better.

So smooth any day. (:

P.S. This is the best discussion ever.
Your = Possession. Your shoes are so sweet!
You're = Omission. You're quite strange...

If you are confused about which to put, simply say in your mind "you are" and see if that fits the sentence. If not, you are looking for your.

Little Macey | Got YWS? | KOTS:BD

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:21 pm
Robodl95 says...

Call me a by-product of the artificial age but I don't really care if there are nuts in my peanut butter, I prefer smooth.
Math really needs to buy a calculator and solve it's own problems don't you agree?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:58 pm
Kamas says...

I generally dislike peanut butter.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt