Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Over 16: sexuality

Post a reply
67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:57 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

incan: since when does relativism throw away morality?
relativism has little to say more than that organized religion's arent necesarily right. that there is no one real true religion. morality is a personal issue. because i myself am, no matter how much i hate titles, very relativistic, am i devoid of morality? hell no! morality is taught at home, by parents or guardians.
if you have some beef with the lack of morality then i would say deism is fairly lacking. since there is no life after death, whats keeping you from being bad? what stops you from doing whatever the hell you want whenever you want? police and justice, but that stuff is suprisingly easy to avoid if you know what your doing.
relativism is fairly small, because someone is a homosexual, does not make them a relativist.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:00 am
Elocina says...

Ok, all you virgin ears, I'm going to ask your forgiveness before I use profanity. Ready for it ? Here it is:

WHAT THE HELL? What the hell does it matter if a person's a relativist or a liberal or a republican or a democrat or an idiot or even a stinking, s***-filled abonition from hell? This is about homosexual's right to marriage, am I correct at least in part?

I say, if you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally reallly really reallly want to marry a person of the same gender as you, HAVE AT IT! We can't stop you from being together anyways, and odds are there are some other equivalent to marriage that you can do anyways! To hell with the definition of 'man and woman'! I know what my orientation is, and that is quite frankly all I care about.

Who else agrees?
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:22 am
Bobo says...

Well, that's kind of the point we've been arguing. Not all of us want our holy marriage to be extended to include what we believe to be a sin, see? It would be somewhat like making prostitution or fornication synonymous with sexual intercourse within the bounds of marriage. It would personally offend many religious folk.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:37 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

holy marriage hmm? so, explain to me why the holiest of unions takes little more than a signurature on a sheet of paper to dissolve? i think this holy marriage excuse is just a bunch of BS. no offense.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:15 pm
Midnight says...

N.B I'm not a Christian i'm agnostic or an 'I don't know'. I am however christined and confirmed within the Church of England and understand it's significance and used to feel i believed more but was never really sure. I definately believe that Christ exsisted, but more that he was a guy with some good ideas, not necessarily that he was the Son of God, if there even is one.

Religion is flexible, and it should be. It has changed through-out time and differant churches have formed and reformed over religious rituals So if you don't like gay marriage change your church.

I'm sorry and I've come in this debate late and haven't read all the arguments, but there is no cause in the Christian religion that says homosexuality is wrong. Just some pretty ambigious paragraphs in the old testement. Besides the Old testment is outdated (for example it condones slavery) and if you're a christian really that's why Jesus came, not just to help take the sinners from Hell but also to begin to reform the ways on Earth.

Stories such as the Good Samiratin are about acceptance, love and genorosity. Sometimes some branches of the Church are keen to forgot this and care more to concentrate on who shouldn't be loved and accepted, and who it's worth being generous too. Do you think Jesus would deny love?? If he saw two men who loved can you really say he would deny uniting them underneath his so called father. I don't think he would. Them being married within the Church does no harm to those in the Church personally, especially those who feel in their heart what they are doing is right. If it is done with love and tolerance and genorosity and acceptance in mind then what good Christian could deny that was a good thing.
American fundamentalists need to remember that if Christianity is true God needs to judge us, it is not about killing and judging each other.
available

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:56 pm
MasterChief says...

{holy marriage hmm? so, explain to me why the holiest of unions takes little more than a signurature on a sheet of paper to dissolve? i think this holy marriage excuse is just a bunch of BS. no offense.}

Okay let me get this straight, a loving gay couple cant get married but Britney 'Toxic' Spears can remarry every 3 months . So this is the holy tradition that the church wants to protect from those evil gays?
(britney just being a random example)

574 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 574
Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:11 am
Ego says...

C Elocin wrote:Ok, all you virgin ears, I'm going to ask your forgiveness before I use profanity. Ready for it ? Here it is:

WHAT THE HELL? What the hell does it matter if a person's a relativist or a liberal or a republican or a democrat or an idiot or even a stinking, s***-filled abonition from hell? This is about homosexual's right to marriage, am I correct at least in part?

I say, if you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally reallly really reallly want to marry a person of the same gender as you, HAVE AT IT! We can't stop you from being together anyways, and odds are there are some other equivalent to marriage that you can do anyways! To hell with the definition of 'man and woman'! I know what my orientation is, and that is quite frankly all I care about.

Who else agrees?

word