Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Women's pants

Post a reply
685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:19 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

This is probably the silliest debate I have ever seen.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

3670 Reviews

Reviews: 3670
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:21 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Rei wrote:This is probably the silliest debate I have ever seen.

I disagree with that statement. I've seen far sillier debates here. xD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:52 pm
View Likes
thunder_dude7 says...

This is probably the silliest debate I have ever seen.

I disagree with that statement. I've seen far sillier debates here. xD

Like this one?
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:32 pm
View Likes
panic at the rodeo says...

Okay, I'm a chick and I know how big of a pain it can be to carry a purse around all day. I'd prefer to carry all my stuff around in my pocekts, but you can only fit like so little of what you want to in them... I think my mother had to force me to buy one this year because I was so set determined in carrying a bunch of stuff in my pockets. The argument's not all that pointless. We should find a way to contact the clothing companys :D
Live life the right way:
JUMP IN MUD PUDDLES!!!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 pm
View Likes
thunder_dude7 says...

There are pants with bigger pockets out there. You just have to track down a nearby store that has them. And those exist too.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 pm
View Likes
Periwinkle says...

thunder_dude7 wrote:There are pants with bigger pockets out there. You just have to track down a nearby store that has them. And those exist too.

There are, but they're nothing to scream about. They're usually too bulky and hang the wrong way (just like guy pants).
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

10 Reviews

Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:50 pm
View Likes

This is really funny actually. Where I live, the nearest place that would really have that kind of clothing would be at least a half an hour away. Plus, just as Periwinkle said, they usually don't fit the right way, which means yeah, it's basically like wearing guys pants... which is NOT fun or what we want to wear! What I don't get is how guys have such strange opinions on this topic. I mean, have THEY ever worn girl's junior sized pants???
Live life the right way:
JUMP IN MUD PUDDLES!!!

3670 Reviews

Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:20 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

panic at the rodeo wrote:What I don't get is how guys have such strange opinions on this topic. I mean, have THEY ever worn girl's junior sized pants???

Obviously not. -_-

My sister and I went shopping, and we brought along Grif. Grif, of course, was whining because it was taking him so long to find pants. Thirty minutes. And we still haven't found good pants and we were shopping all day.

I want to kill the juniors section. Their pants selection sucks.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:42 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

This argument can be expanded into women's business cloths. I just checked my business jackets, and they either didn't have pockets at all, or had fake pockets that were there just for looks, but when you lift the flap covering the supposed opening of the 'pocket" nothing's there. :( And only one pair of my dress pants have pockets, but they're only big enough for a couple of condoms. Designers are forcing women to carry around cumbersome purses, even if women are already wearing uncomfortable clothing and high-heels. Meanwhile, men have pockets big enough to hide pencils in. What's with this sexism? *hates purses and some formal/business attire*

I'm happy to say that my latest pair of jeans has pockets deep enough to hide a pencil in. Whether having a pencil in my pocket is comfortable I have yet to discover.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:58 pm
View Likes
LoveableLittleSock says...

Snoink, here's the deal. If you want better pants, don't shop in the Junior Section!
Got YWS?

3670 Reviews

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:50 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

LoveableLittleSock wrote:Snoink, here's the deal. If you want better pants, don't shop in the Junior Section!

Psh, the women's section isn't that much better. :P They have pants that can eat me alive.

950 Reviews

Reviews: 950
Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:21 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

This is really funny. :lol:

For me, I can only hit one store in my area that has long enough pants for me to wear. (I guess I'm that tall?) That store is twenty-five minutes away and in the most ridiculous traffic area. It's scary to drive there. I go to this store once a year, twice if I'm lucky.

Out of my selections, the pockets aren't huge, but they're not tiny. They're just right for me to carry what I need. What do I need? Money, phone (but I have a belt clip for that anyway), keys. I don't fuss about the pockets as much as I do about the length.

Then comes the business clothes. My choice in slacks is even smaller than jeans (or everyday pants). My current pair of slacks has no pockets 'cause that was what was in store at the time. It's really ridiculous. They force us to buy purses, and I despise purposes. I'd rather wear guy pants than carry a purse. I'm just that prejudice against them. (And I'm not trying to be different. :P)

It makes me laugh how everyone complains about the pocket size, and I'm over here complaining about the length. xD I guess everyone, instead of getting taller, is getting shorter through the generations. :D

Psh, the women's section isn't that much better. They have pants that can eat me alive.

Best watch out for the women's section. xD But it's very true. They're really not much better. Women carry purses around too nowadays.
I make my own policies.

10 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm
View Likes

In response to the last post I have to admit that I too have trouble finding pants that are long enough and fit in the waist. If they are long enough I practically swim in them...

10 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:14 pm
View Likes

In response to the last post I have to admit that I too have trouble finding pants that are long enough and fit in the waist. If they are long enough I practically swim in them...

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:54 pm
View Likes
lukas8u says...

Hmm, I don't know if what I say is true, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that the female anatomy's center of gravity is the hips, which expand outward. Basically, the designers don't have room to put in a big pocket due to the shape of a female anatomy..

Or does that make me a sexist, chauvinistic (have no idea what that means) male pig?

Well, that's what I think anyway.
Political blog, (with a liberal lean)
Here