Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Serious Discussion and Debate

Bullying

Post a reply
683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:58 pm
Emma says...

Its unfair for children and adults to be bullied about something, wether it is from their appereance or to the background. Many people are victoms of bulling, I for one are.

What I want to know is two things:

* Have you ever been bullied, what did you do, was it sorted out, is it still
Happening?
* What can be done about it, do you know ways of stopping it.

btw you don't want to hear my sad story :P

Please let me know if you are a victom of bullying, people here might be able to help.

If you live in the UK

Call: 08001111 (ChildLine)

I don't know about America, those chats can help. It did with me :D
Last edited by Emma on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:02 pm
Nai says...

I've been a victim of bullying a couple times but I just ignored it. There was one time I was picked on by a group of 3 kids in 5th grade and I stood up for myself. Turns out I got beat up for that...lol good memories.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

1226 Reviews

Reviews: 1226
Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:42 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeh, I was bullied, by some people in my form class. THey picked on me because I was one of the weakest in the group, and because they thought I was geeky, just cos I actually did my homework when I was younger and got good grades. Anyway, I didn't really do anything. I just tried to ignore it and pull through it, because I realised that life was never gonna be easy and there was always going to be those who like to pick on the physically weaker, and those who are jealous of the more intellectual-minded people, so I just sat there and took it the best I could.

It was just sorted out as I got older and people started to accept different people better, oh, and maybe because one day I snapped and hit my elbow into one of their faces and got suspended for a day. They didn't come near me much after that.

574 Reviews

Reviews: 574
Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:01 pm
Ego says...

actually, I've never been bullied before...probably because was always bigger (and smarter) than the bullies. Now that everyone else has (sort of) caught up to me in size, I'm glad that I get along with everyone at my school....
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:05 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

I was bullied. A LOT. i fought back when i needed too, and am better for the opportunity!!
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

683 Reviews

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:59 pm
Emma says...

YEY at least everything was sorted...

67 Reviews

Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:53 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

i would say mullying is necesary to a childs development. if you weren't bullied, then i think your missing out. sure it aint fair, but what is? it puts certain things into perspective that no other method can. it sucks, but yanno what, sh*t happens, deal with it or get off the pot.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:59 pm
Chevy says...

I was bullied in 8th grade by this girl who was shorter than me. But don't be fooled by short people. This 13-year-old 8th grader may have looked like your grandmother could take her down blindfolded, but I didn't realize, until I was thrown up against the chalkboard and then thrown on the floor how strong she actually was. So even though I was bigger than the *bully*, I still got the mess beat out of me.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

683 Reviews

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:08 pm
Emma says...

Its quite sad for people to do that to each other, its sad that they take their anger out on you. They can push you around like they own you, or call you names because of your background. I hated that in my school, when that happened to me, actullay I still hate it, its still happening. These things can affect your future, it could make you feel useless, and lonley. Its like what ever you do, its never good enough for anyone else.

Its a horrible thing to have stuck in your mind, you feel soo lonely, like there is no point to life. It shouldn't happen at all.

1226 Reviews

Reviews: 1226
Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:58 pm
Firestarter says...

Emma, sometimes that burning desire to prove your bullies wrong is the inspiration people hold to in later life.

I hope one day I can prove to some people that I'm not just a heartless, cynical person with no feelings.

67 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:44 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

it happens. it has happened, it will continue to happen in the future. i was that one kid that EVERYONE decided to pick on, that one kid, who for some reason nobody liked, and decided to pick on. and yanno, ignoring them doesn't help either. its part of life, you'll be a stronger person for it in the future. dont worry about it now, dont let it get to you, because thats how kids are. your best bet is to stand up for yourself if it ever gets physical, then go immediately to the dean and complain about it. i was the target all through middle school, and since about the 3rd grade before middle school. but when you stnad up for yourself, you make a point of being a pain in the ass of anyone who decides they need to take a swipe at you, and it will stop. by the time i got to my sophomore year, i found out that i had obtained a reputation of "the b*tch you didn't mess with" so people kept off my case, pretty much exclusively.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:06 am
Sam says...

I've never really been bullied. Dunno why, probably because everyone knows me and knows that if they do somethign to me I'll give them a couple quote en quote 'big words' that they can't understand. I did that once in third grade...this one kid told me my shoes were ugly, and I said he was a Below Average Psychopath Imbecile. Nobody's really done anything of the kind ever again.
My vocabulary has increased since then...and so have the number of insults I can concoct. *hee*
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

683 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:46 am
Emma says...

What does that mean anyway? O.o

67 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:51 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

wow dude, throwing big words at people is a good way to incite violence in middle school.
my favorite is:
"you are a primate of primitive standing, lacking the correct cerbral capacity for proper development and tendancies to oedipadal practicies."
means
your a retarded mother f*ckin monkey.

...this is how nerds insult eachother. yay for us.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

574 Reviews

Reviews: 574
Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:04 am
Ego says...

seriously, I had this dude and online in XBoxLive insulting me by calling me "newb." I ended up in qa tweny minute flame fest with him, and I totally dominated becuase his whole vocabulary was newb, queer, and stupid.

It was pathetic, really.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.