Not sure
No votes

Total votes : 9

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:49 pm
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Should smoking be against the law? What are your views?

I suck at debating, so I will
Not be debating.
But what do you think?
Last edited by SirTobes on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

729 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 729
Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:43 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

lol so do I.

I think if people want lung cancer, they can go ahead and smoke. Just don't affect those around you, y'know?!

/bye.
I BLOG!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:05 pm
View Likes
Lapis says...

Yes. Smoking brings absolutely no benefits, and the calming is simply an illusion. should be definitely banned, and there are too many reasons to list.
"Yeah, I am the brain, some say insane."

"Look for the missing link between your dreams and reality. Find it - it is the key."

-Used to be Letiki :3

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm
View Likes
Amaranth says...

I think that people should be able to do what they like. Smoking isn't healthy, but neither is fast food. I may be being biased because I'm a smoker, but I still say that it is just an unhealthy habit, but not an evil one. Like all unhealthy habits, you can choose to abstain from it or simply take it in moderation as I chose to do. (I limit myself to one cigarette a day if I need it...)
"I'm working on it, dammit!"

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 pm
View Likes
inkwell says...

It would be consistent with our other bans to ban smoking.

I, however, would simply want smoking in public to be banned (and private business would at least require a smoking zone). Along with smoking in a household with dependent minors.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:00 am
View Likes
skwmusic says...

I'm with Inkwell. Public facilities should be smoke free. However I do believe a private business should be allowed to make their own call on whether they want a smoking zone or not. I also wouldn't ban smoking in households with dependent minors. Partly because how would you enforce that, and partly because I think that's a bit too much intrusion on freedom.
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." -George Carlin

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 am
View Likes
Kamas says...

While smoking bans are theoretically sound, in application they are terrible. Banning smoking is about as ineffective as the laws against weed or any other form of drugs. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, nor that we should legalize these things, but we must keep in mind:

Smoking in the presence of infants or within smoke-free hotel rooms still happens. As does the buying/selling as well as consumption of things like marijuana despite all the laws and bans. Really, we don't want another lucrative illegal trade (that would rake in millions of illicit dollars that's not going anywhere productive) on our hands now do we?
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:00 am
View Likes
inkwell says...

I think the practicality and other issues of regulating drugs is a slightly off topic. That's OK, though. I see second hand smoking as a form of child abuse. Just like most child abuse, it does go unreported. But someone could very well call CPS if they see someone smoking over their baby, for instance.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

I am against smoking, but I can see why people smoke. Besides, imagine the uproar that would be created from this banning of smoking. All we can do is make certain areas smokeable. Think about how much money the tobacco industry makes. With their industry gone, think about how much money will be lost. I think most smokers know when it is necessary to smoke or not. And I put emphasis on MOST. There are some exceptions, of course. So, smoking shouldn't be banned all together. In schools, bars and some public places but not in general. It is too big of a problem to solve.
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 am
View Likes
amit28it says...

Actually i am not in the favour of banning it....but in the regions where it's banning is the only solution it should be banned there...and its consumption depends upon the person itself....if he don't want to take it than he can quit there is no pressure on anybody....