z

Young Writers Society

Post your favorite horror prompts here.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:14 pm
GoldFlame says...

This might be helpful. Have fun, y'all :twisted:.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm
Tenyo says...

I never tire of the old "he woke up with blood on his hands, six thousand dollars rolled up in his pocket, and no recollection of what had happened the night before."
We were born to be amazing.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:01 pm
BenFranks says...

My friend always used to do an interesting one. He isn't a writer but he often egged us on to create something from this:

"Just as I left the bathroom, I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I don't know what I saw but it was there. It was there and I was all alone."

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:23 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

One that I heard was,

"She crept down the stairs with naught but her jagged teeth, moving slowly, so slowly, towards the laughter heard from the dining hall. In her wake, dotting the steps, she left a trail of [___]" and then they left it blank so that you could, hopefully, come up with something more creative than "blood"
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:06 pm
horrendous says...

BenFranks wrote:My friend always used to do an interesting one. He isn't a writer but he often egged us on to create something from this:

"Just as I left the bathroom, I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I don't know what I saw but it was there. It was there and I was all alone."

oh man, that's good. i got chills reading it.

"I saw the eyes in the darkness and my blood ran cold. My breath stopped short in my throat and I froze, as though my inactivity would help me avoid detection. Then I heard it breathing - great, jagged heaves, almost labored and sounding wet with saliva. I envisioned a face that might hold those eyes and that finally broke my stasis. I screamed and bolted away from those red, demon eyes, and as I ran, I heard it coming after me in great, heavy strides that echoed off the faces of building. Thump, thump, thump. It was getting closer, catching up, each foot (hoof?) fall sending vibrations up my spine. It was then that my heel broke and I collapsed heavily onto the granite slab of sidewalk. The thing gleefully cawed, and as it came upon me, I had only enough time to regret my decision to take the scenic route home."

i just wrote that.
hor·ren·dous
adjective: shockingly dreadful; horrible
synonyms: appalling, frightful, hideous

--

Life is like a box of chocolates. Too much will make you sick.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:53 pm
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

"Write about a potato and his/her adventures working in McDonalds."
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:13 am
Snowery says...

Ooooooh I am so loving this thread!! *makes mental note to keep stalking page*
The World Is Mine.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:37 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

I found this one the other day and thought it was fantastic.
http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/image/76573939026
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

Everything has a consequence and every consequence leads to death.
— kattee