z

Young Writers Society

Sureal's Writing Journal

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:33 pm
Sureal says...

Introduction

So I have recently been forcing myself to get back into that whole writing thing. I stopped completely a few years ago, back when I finished my education and started working full-time hours.

I wrote Here Be Dragon to start myself off. My friend Alex asked me to write her a story about a dragon, and so I did. I think it's still rather shaky myself, but it's enjoyed a favourable response from the members here, and my social circle out in the Real World.

I'll write more about my thoughts and feelings on it in a future entry in this writing journal, I think.

I'm currently writing a second short story, tentatively entitled A Superior Kind of Hero. The initial premise was suggested to me by my friend Ricky, who is also an amateur writer. Once it's finished, I'll post it up for your opinions.

Alongside these short stories, I have been working on a novel entitled Beast. It is a horror-fantasy story, and is based around ideas I've had swishing around in my head for the best part of a decade now. I'll go into further detail on this one in a future entry, although I probably won't be posting any chapters for a while yet.

Look out for my posts in this thread with the bolded title: these are the actual writing journal entries, and I hope you find them an interesting - a perhaps even helpful - read.
I wrote the above just for you.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller