z

Young Writers Society

What do y'all think of my idea?

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm
View Likes
NightWolf says...

So, when I was writing an extremely dull RS essay about Hell, I had an idea. Hell is often portrayed as a fiery inferno, right? So what if that fire is the fire of the evil souls cast down into hell? For example, say if there is a murderer, and he kills a few people. Every sin he commits raises a fire within him. When he dies, this fire is unleashed in Hell, where it is safely contained. The more fire within you, the more sins you are likely to commit. But fire can't just be there. It has to built up, it has to be started. Fire can't just be in you. But imagine if there is a girl, born with a fire. This idea is set in a world where fire within is deadly and feared. This girl is the first to be born with a fire. People believe she should be killed. After all, everyone with fire is sent to Hell, where it is contained. But her parents believe the girl should be allowed to live until she is thirteen. The people allow it. When she reaches thirteen, the girl doesn't agree that she should die.

The novel basically follows her struggle to fight people's belief and to, well, live.

Tell me what y'all think!
Thanks!
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:52 pm
deleted5 says...

I really like this idea!! It is an original idea and, just from that post, I was really hooked in! The only plot hole I can find is that if the protagonist has grown up in this world where everyone believes the fire is evil, wouldn't the protagonist believe she has to be killed? Maybe you could find another reason for her to rebel besides her will to survive.
If you ever write a chapter of this PM me and I'll take a little look at it!
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:11 pm
Rosendorn says...

I like it.

I would ask you to figure out why she's born with fire, though. By the logic of your world, this means she was born with sin when everybody else isn't. Why is that?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:38 pm
NightWolf says...

Whoops, forgot to put those points in.
Because the girl's parents have a paternal bond, they don't believe she should be killed, and the girl grows up learning this.
In this world, destiny is pretty much set. However, this girl's destiny had been set at the very dawn of time. It had been decreed that she had sin, wheras others had the choice.
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 pm
deleted5 says...

Ah! That's better!
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew