z

Young Writers Society

Which idea is better?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14 am
Kanome says...

Hello!
So I need your opinion. Which idea do you think is better?

- Lena Conners is a sixteen-tear old high school student who always received the perfect grades, the perfect life, and is always a good girl. One day, new student, Colin Reed, turns her life around only to find out that he was raised by wolves.

- Kassandra Will loves horror and gore, which makes everyone in her class afraid of her. One day, she slips into a coma, only to live in a horror of her own.

Not my best ideas but yeah c:
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:27 am
JohnLocke1 says...

Personally, the first one seems a bit overused and cliche. However, the second one seems different and creative. I would run with it, my friend! :)
"To prejudge other men's notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes." - John Locke

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm
InfinityAndBeyond says...

The second one! It could go down a very interesting path :).

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:38 pm
Laure says...

I agree with the person above me.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:32 am
Snowery says...

I vote number 2! (Basically for the same reasons as John)
The World Is Mine.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:43 am
deleted30 says...

Both of them sound intriguing, for sure. But I have to go with the majority here and say #2. I'd totally read that. Sounds awesome! :D

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:29 am
Cheetah says...

I like number 2 as well!
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm
Tenyo says...

Both!

Splice them together. Tie Kassandras coma and nightmarish dreams to Colins mysterious past. Maybe her actions could have some kind of direct impact on Lena.
We were born to be amazing.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yes, I would suggest both as well. "Perfect" is relative, therefore loving horror and scaring people around her could mean the perfect life. I'd also determine perfect grades— some places actually consider "perfect grades" to be in the 80s, with enough extracurriculars to make you interesting a better bet. Harvard back in the day actually didn't want top grades; they wanted people with an active extracurricular life and 80s. 90s was deemed "too introverted" because you were spending too much time studying.

It would also provide a nice twist on both stories— the social outcast is happy with her life and ends up living a nightmare in her coma.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:37 pm
Messenger says...

I agree that both could go very well meshed together. If you feel that you could write one that would keep you interested in it as a writer, go for that one, but if you can mix them it would be fabulous.

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:28 am
wretchednot says...

I would say both are good options.
But in my opinion I would love to read the one where the girl lives in her own horror!

I think with that one you can write more and get more ideas since she's in a dream and you can make the whole story change since it's outside of reality!

True werewolves may not be in reality but humans and school are.
I just think the other other one has more potential.

But it's your choice but I hope uou pick the dream one.
Bye!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:20 am
Iggy says...

I really love the second one! If you don't take it, I might.. >:)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance