z

Young Writers Society

So I Came Up With An Idea....Eureka!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:19 am
Laure says...

Alright, I haven't worked out all the details but.

Remember our good old imaginary friends and imaginary other things that adults won't believe in.

Well, I want to write something from their POV.

The imaginary world can't see us and we can't see them, most of them.

And they are dying, dying because children are loosing their imagination.

[[I'm afraid that's as far as I've got.]]

(Argh...this sounds completely messed up but I really want to write this out. Anyone have any suggestions about this idea? AND YOU SHALL HAVE MY EVERLASTING GRATITUDE!)

-GO FLY ON SILVER MARBLES!!!

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:34 pm
lostthought says...

You have the world of imaginary people and everyone is happy. Everyone has their own child to play with and it has been that way forever. Then one day everything goes wrong. When the children stop believing in imaginary friends, they started to disappear one by one. No new kids came to take the place of the old ones and the imaginary friends are dying out. Who can help them?
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

I would be very cautious not to rehash all the old cliche themes we see all the time. Namely, "technology is evil". I see that come up a lot and it drives me up the wall. Technology is a tool and people said writing was a horrible invention once upon a time.

Try to come up with multiple reasons children are losing their imagination. Brainstorm for something. Maybe turn it onto the adults not taking time to read to any children (which is an important way to build imagination).

Past that, it sounds rather interesting. I would try to have some sort of goal that the imaginary friends are working towards, just to make some sort of plot.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

172 Reviews

Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:14 am
Laure says...

Both are very good ideas. Thanks so much, what do you guys think about that after they start dying out. Many started become twisted friends, injuring people, killing people? To the point of no return and this particular imaginary Girl , Rachana, she finds out why they're killing people and ....the rest I can't say since it will spoil the ending but do you guys think this could work?

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:13 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

Interesting, your idea sounds a little like the movie 'Rise of the Guardians' where kids believed in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. If they stopped believing these people/animals would disappear and the kids wouldn't be able to see them.

Just a thought. Good luck, it sounds like it'll work to me! :)
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

172 Reviews

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:51 am
Laure says...

@Cheetah

It does!? Gah, now my idea sounds like I've copied it off the movie. Maybe I should alter it a little. I will cook something up....and post it on another thread. Thanks for telling me this!

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:20 pm
Cheetah says...

Sorry if I made it sound like that, it really doesn't have that much in common. If you want to you could see the movie and maybe get a general sense of how much you feel it's related. :)
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

172 Reviews

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:37 am
Laure says...

Actually, that's a great idea maybe I should. Anyways, don't worry about it. Is always good to know if my idea shares a similarity with any published works.

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily