z

Young Writers Society

Why do you like to write?

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:45 am
Cheetah says...

Hello everyone, the title pretty much speaks for itself. I personally know why I write, I'm just curious to see what your reason is.

For me, my love for writing shows most through the editing process. I LOVE editing. It's what makes a story/poem become what it's meant to be. When you see the final product, all the time you spent writing seems worthwhile.

Any thoughts? Why do YOU like to write?
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I like to write because I feel I'm freeing a part of myself that is otherwise locked away... It's a way for people to read my mind, and start to understand who I am.

In the 'real' world, I'm not the best at describing, or explaining what I mean... So writing to me, is awesome.
100% autistic

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:17 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Do I like to write? I don't know. It just kind of happens. I wake up in the morning with words dancing about in my head and I can't sleep unless I'm painting poetry in the glow of the streetlights outside.

I like to write in the same way I like to breath. It's not something that enthrals me, but I wouldn't feel particularly inclined to give it up anytime soon.
We were born to be amazing.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:36 am
View Likes
BadNarrator says...

I think I used to enjoy writing much more when I was a kid. I liked the novelty of being able to create worlds and thinking, feeling people on the page. nowadays that novelty is gone and my own work only gives me a fleeting joy. it's not that I don't like writing. it's just that when you dedicate yourself to a craft you learn what works and what doesn't, anything less than perfect is like a mosquito bite you cannot scratch. and it is incredibly frustrating when you realize that something you have spent a great deal of time working on isn't as good as it could be.

think of it like the difference between a marriage and your first boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. when you're a kid your first relationship is the most perfect seeming relationship you'll ever have. you don't have to deal with any of the pressures of adulthood. no bills or student loans to pay. no diapers to change. no putting your career on hold or sacrificing your leisure time for the sake of the other person. but it's that very same hardship that makes a marriage more meaningful than a teenage romance. the fact that you put so much work into something makes you appreciate it that much more.

sometimes I hate writing. the ounce of talent I know I have often feels more like a burning coal of frustration, a reminder of some unrealized potential that I might never live up to. but at the same time I feel lucky to have something to feel passionate about at all.
Last edited by BadNarrator on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
First you will awake in disbelief, then
in sadness and grief and when you wake
the last time, the forest you've been
looking for will turn out to be
right in the middle of your chest.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:11 am
View Likes
niccy_v says...

I like to write to get away from reality and provide an escape, it's a fun, no pressures thing. i don't have word goals, I stop and start as I wish and if I don't want to write I don't. Would like to be published eventually, for now it's my escape :smt004
Writing gives my life purpose

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:44 am
View Likes
RLK says...

I'm one of those writers who constantly belittles myself. I beat myself down on a never ending basis. I call my writings trash, then completely forget about it entirely for awhile. Then somehow, I always find myself coming back to it. I LOVE the feeling when someone who has read my work tells me that it's great and that I'm talented. I have this hunger to hear that the reader enjoyed it. It's my favorite part of it, hearing that the reader understood and maybe even took something out of it. If I, the writer, can make someone emotional or wonder about something then I have done my job. And I love doing that job.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:09 am
JakAnthony says...

I'm bored. I don't like how domestic our world is and I like hearing tales of other worlds. But they same more real when you think them up yourself and I want the world to know about these other worlds. If we live the dream together, it's hardly a dream anymore. And the more real these worlds seem, the better.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:29 am
GoldFlame says...

For joy, I suppose. To pass the time.
Last edited by GoldFlame on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:21 pm
View Likes
cupcakenx says...

I like to write because I can make my own image in my head as a write. I'm obsessed with anime and things like that, but when I read a book or write my own story, I can imagine, rather than being set on what the characters and scenery look like.
Spoiler! :
wazzup

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:54 am
kirami293 says...

Hi, so I pretty much get my inspiration from bottled up feelings. I'm known for being cold and distant but that's just part of my personality (something I have to improve, I guess).
Anyways I'd always gotten this incredible sensation of release when I write. Like I can be upset as hell but after writing for a few hours I'm all better. I guess, for me it's different from another people who write to escape reality. I type and create to confront reality in a healthy way.
-KiraRamírez

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:17 am
Shayla says...

I like to write because it frees my ideas and puts my thoughts to good use. My writing consists of things that one might consider as dark and kind of creepy but my stories are based off of the things I've gone through as well as my anxiety. My writing takes me to different places in which I am another person with different problems and features. These characters are usually based off of the type of person I would like to be. So in conclusion I like to write because it makes me feel free and takes me away from the thoughts I don't want to be thinking right then. Its sort of an escape from everything.

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:45 am
Apricity says...

Like kirami293, I get most of my inspiration from bottled feelings so writing helps me to release them out. Writing also keeps distracted from things I don't want to think about, all my characters are also based off bits and pie Ed of me. I think like everyone else, writing is my sanctuary, my sanity, my paradise. Is the only way I can still be myself.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 pm
View Likes
horrendous says...

when a story starts stewing in my head, it's therapeutic to get them on paper and share. i am kind of reclusive and neurotic, and have a lot of anxiety about communicating with people. writing stories is a way of expressing myself by proxy.

if i didn't write down and share my ideas in the form of stories, i'd feel the mental walls start closing in. the more i write, the more i escape those walls. i write music as well, so i'm kind of addicted to writing.
hor·ren·dous
adjective: shockingly dreadful; horrible
synonyms: appalling, frightful, hideous

--

Life is like a box of chocolates. Too much will make you sick.

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:57 pm
View Likes
Dragoon120 says...

I like to write, because the world is boring otherwise.
In my head, or within a good book, there are worlds of adventure, of dragons, and things worth while. Here, on boring little earth, I feel as if things like that will never happen. It's only through writing, do I express what I only dream could be. :) I feel like a whole new, exciting world is opened up when I write.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Once my imagination and creativity has been fueled properly (thanks to books, video games, movies or other), writting allows me to create worlds and bring them to life. I express my feelings, I express my ideas, and above all, it always me to create a world. Sharing those worlds is the most stressful part of the process, but it is also very exciting to discover what impact it has on other people :D

So yeah. I like writting cause it allows me to create worlds. Dot.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende