z

Young Writers Society

novel idea

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:56 pm
FillinFaye says...

Its about a group of 4, they meet up at a HUGE abandoned building. It even has bottomless pits. But one of them wasn't there. It looked like there were other groups of 3. A lady came up to them and said "Your teammate has cowardly ran away". But they didn't know what she meant by that. They went to explore the building, other groups started invading them by placing small bombs near them, luckily they didn't die. Since the building was so huge, they couldn't find the exit. With a path of twists and turns, they found out that they can turn into a parts giant lizard (oh my god this is getting weird) one is the head, other is a torso, and the other is a tail. Even the tail can be SPARKLYYY!!!! (oh god) The last team can place even bigger bombs (but for some reason the bombs had no effect) And the lizard team defeated the bomb team. And that was my dream that would probably could be a good novel idea. If you want I can tell you the last part of my story.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:31 am
Rosendorn says...

It sounds interesting, at least.

I'd suggest you have a few more reasons why these events happen. Why they were called, why one ran away, where that one person was, if they'll come back, and why the bombs don't work. You can toss pretty much anything into your story so long as you make it plausible.

Also, what is the main opposition to this group? Protagonists that can get everything they want are boring to read. If the bombs don't kill them, maybe have the bombs be something other than explosive and shrapnel filled. They could be smoke, or tear gas, or something that's hindering/debilitating but not lethal (if treated).
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown