z

Young Writers Society

My first draft - I'm a total beginner! Help!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
alaskam says...

Hey guys!

So I'm new to this forum and also pretty new to professional writing. My experience so far is school work and short stories I used to write as a little child. People often tell me I should write but I really don't believe in myself. I think my main problem is that I have the entire story with all its characters in my head but I can't express myself the way on paper like I do it in my head. Yesterday night I wrote a small piece of writing. It's like and epilogue or prologue, I'm not sure yet. I would be more than happy if anyone could give me a feedback!! Thank you guys!

Here we go:

Her name was Grace. I don't know why, but she caught me the way nobody ever did before. She was beautiful in a way nobody could ever be, The way her imperfection combined to this pale face, the messy blonde hair and these frightened green eyes. But she looked so lost. She looked like she was living somewhere in the back of her head, miles away from reality. She was there around you, but never really present, running away with her thoughts, taking her to a different place, a place much better than this. I think she never realized me the way I realized her, I think she never thought the way, I thought about her and I think she never saw that I wasn't the boy people expected me to be. And sometimes I hate myself a bit for not teaching her who I really was and what I really thought and why I really loved her the way I did. Because I really loved Grace, in a way I never thought I could ever love a person. Implicit and immaculate.

That's it for now!

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 pm
AdmiralTyler says...

I like it and think it would turn out to be a really good prologue to a story. Good luck, with it of you do decide to go on with it. Mind checking out mine?
Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:30 pm
Semoyia says...

Okay, I love it so far, it'd be a REALLY good prologue, Something to really pull the readers into the story. as for you not being able to express what your thinking on paper, I know EXACTLY how you feel but I think you did a terrific job here. I hope you do more with this story and when you do please, please, please post a not on my wall so I can read it. :smt003

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:48 am
TimmyJake says...

I have been writing on my book for two years, each version(about ten) getting better and better as I went along. Don't worry if you're new. It you're a teen, then you can't really say that you're a "pro". You prologue sounds really good. Its a way for the reader to see Grace before they meet her. For he reader to understand what the main character thinks about her.
And don't worry if you know everything you're going to write down, but don't know how to write it down. The book I am working on is part of a three book series(hopefully). I don't know much of inbetween the beginning and the end, but I know the ending almost word for word! Kind of funny!!
Write your book often, and remember to always have fun!!! :P
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:18 am
booklover124 says...

I am a beginner too!! I don't know where to start sometimes. That's a great prologue!! Give us the start of the next part please!!

Pain is filtered in a poem so that it becomes finally, in the end, pleasure.
— Mark Strand