z

Young Writers Society

Rosie needs your opinions, guys.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:31 am
thewriterinside says...

When it comes to writing about relationships, does it help or hurt? I'm working on a piece I've wanted to work on for a while now about a relationship that left me completely devasted but ultimately stronger in the end. Is it a bad idea to write about relationships when they hurt you that badly? Or can it be used as a coping mechanism? Thoughts, please.
I left my heart in
● Metropolis...●

Reviews: 3
Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:59 am
Shamishane says...

I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM COZ ITS SAME WITH ME HERE. I AM ALSO WRITING MY LIFESTORY THAT HOW MY LESBIAN SEXUALITY LEADS MY BESTFRIEND TO BROKE MY FRIENDSHIP AND SHE IS THE ONE WHOM I LOVE. ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO WRITE ABOUT REALTIONSHIPS AND TO PUT THE EMOTIONAL THINGS. BUT ITS NICE COZ THAT WAY WE CAN PUT THE BURDEN OF OUR EMOTIONS IN THAT STORY , AND TRULY AFTER THAT WE FEEL LIGHT HEARTED

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

Depends completely on the person involved.

If you feel better writing out all of your feelings and getting over it that way, by all means write up a storm. If you'd really rather not touch the story again, then don't write about it.

For me, I keep personal stuff personal until I can stand to have it ripped to shreds. Then it's no longer so personal.

You can write personal things all you want. It's just you have to know that if you put them out there, you are putting your personal life out there for critique as well. If you're not ready for that, keep the files hidden till you can.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas