z

Young Writers Society

Does this sound like a good plan ?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:04 pm
xXravenxX says...

Ok . My girlfriend is going to Florida and of course I'm a little sad ( if not a lot) about her leaving . I got the motivation to work on a set of poems to hopefully publish . They're called An Ocean Between Us . Most of the poems are going to focus on how two lovers are separated . The main poem I have in mind for this though would be the epic I have thought of: A young English boy lives on land , but he falls in love with a mermaid. He is banned from seeing her. He isn't aloud to go swimming because his father has heard of an old myth saying that young boys who swim will loose all wealth that was ver meant to be theres. His father is superstitious . That is the main poem in the book. All the others are going to have to do with two lovers who can't see each other. Then , there will be a few based on the beach and summer. I am looking towards about maybe ten to fifteen poems. Does this sound like a good set up? Just give me your thoughts and opinions . Thx

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

It sounds interesting, but I would be cautious that it wasn't too derivative of The Little Mermaid. Pretty much everything that involves a mermaid/human love story has that risk.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:12 pm
Karzkin says...

Agreed ^ That story has been told a million times, if you want to have it published you'll have to change it up a bit (or a lot).
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

K's Killa Kritiques

#TNT

All Hail the undisputed king of the YWS helicopter game.

8 Reviews

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:53 pm
xXravenxX says...

its still in the early stages

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Which is a good thing! It means you can build the story to be purposely different from The Little Mermaid.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:14 pm
xXravenxX says...

Right ! lol

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:10 am
Dreamy says...

It sounds very romantic.And I'am waiting. :D
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:08 pm
Tenyo says...

If it inspires you, write it whether we like it or not. It's your work. If all else fails perhaps your girlfriend will appreciate the sentiment anyway.
We were born to be amazing.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin