z

Young Writers Society

love for reading....

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 am
View Likes
diarygirlAnubha says...

"once upon time...." these are the words we all are familier with. ever since we were kids we have heard these words a hundred times, yet these words thrill us every time we hear them as we wonder in what new mysterious land these words will take us this time. when we were 2 our mom used to make us go to sleep by reciting lullabies from books. when we became 5, our mom read us bedtime fairytales and when we became 10 our parents handed us the famous five and hardy boys for us to spend our time. in every aspect someway or the other we have always remained connected to books and so it's obvious that everyone loves reading!! reading just like watching tv or listning to music is an integral part of our daily routine.
reading either newspaper or novels is an activity which is enjoyed by all and the proof of it is that in this 21st century authors like jk Rowling, Nicholas sparks and chetan bhagat are among the most successful people. their stories are not just enjoyed in the form of books but also in movies. so, all those people out there who think that no matter what century this is,reading is the most enjoyable activity,keep reading and keep exploring those magical and mysterious land created by your favorite author......
KEEP READING......

Love all
Anubha
Spoiler! :
[*

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:26 pm
kentuckyfriednip says...

this is so true, I love it!
No Earth, no sky, but still snow falls.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:36 pm
Holysocks says...

Well, I'm not sure. I really didn't start reading until I was about 12. And so many people out there just don't bother with books anymore. My cousin for example, has almost never stepted into a library. Kind of shocking isn't it? Another thing, would be the painful number of E Books popping up all over these days. I wish that everyone loved books as much as us.
( sorry, I don't think the E Books really have anything to do with this. I was simply releassing my frustration! )
100% autistic

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 am
diarygirlAnubha says...

thank u guys....
holysocks i totally agree with you....
people have stopped reading books..... they are lacking their reading skills......
but like i said people are connected to reading in someway or the other... like i said some like reading newspaper!! my dad for eg.... he doesn't like reading novels!! but he loves reading newspaper!! but yes it is sad to see that people are getting farther and farther away from book! by the way i don't mind e-books!!

Love all
Anubha
Spoiler! :
[*

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:03 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

One thing to keep in mind is reading comprehension and literacy has been on a steady decline in North America since the mid 1800s. When reading was the only form of entertainment, a lot more writing got produced and it was far more readily available. All those hard to read classics, written in the late 1800s/early 1900s? They were the average reading comprehension at the time. Most classics were actually produced in serial magazines that published one chapter at a time until the stories were finished. Much like how manga is currently published in Japan.

Speaking of Japan, it is still a highly literate country. They have a 100% literacy rate, the average citizen reads 5 newspapers a day, and manga is still a very popular form of entertainment (all the manga we get here is a small fraction of what's published in the original Japanese). Despite all of their forms of entertainment (consider how many video games and tv shows come out of the country), reading is still a very popular one.

Reading rates have nothing to do with the availability of other screens. Those other screens just give us more ways of viewing the written word. What determines reading rates is the cultural importance put on literacy.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:18 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Oh my gosh, we should totally set up a book club guys. :D

Anyways, on reading. Well, yeah, it's certainly one of the best ways to entertain oneself and to learn. Keep in mind, though, that it's not the best activity for everybody. See, psychologists have determined that people have different ways to understand and comprehend. We have people who can easily understand through reading. There are who needs to see it not in words, but in color and shape and, you know. Then there are people who needs to do the thing before understanding it.

Let's take my cousin for example. No matter how many books I try to read to him, he won't enjoy it because he'll barely understand it. Unless he reads it over and over again, he really won't. He needs to see it in pictures, leading to the fact that some older people still don't enjoy reading, yet still knows the news through seeing the pictures in the paper. I do hope it can be the best recreation for everyone, but unfortunately, it won't be. Science even have something to say about that.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:47 am
Holysocks says...

I'm with you on the book club idea!
100% autistic

Random avatar

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:58 pm
lalu101 says...

at school almost none of my friends read...they dont know what they're missing out on!!!
TVs good, but you cant loose yourself in a film like you can in a book. in a book its like you become one of the characters, you feel what they feel, you see what they see but in a film, its all 3rd person. its just not the same thing!

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton