z

Young Writers Society

Professional and Academic Progress

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:00 am
View Likes
justine94 says...

Today I accomplished some new things in my writing career.
I am taking an Advanced Publishing course as a freshman at a Christian liberal arts college--basically, I had to be written in and it is really challenging--and our main assignment for the semester is to write two feature stories for the magazine that the class is working towards publishing. As of last night, I had one story idea and no title for it. During class today, I came up with a second idea (while my classmates were reporting on their progress) and thought of a title for the first one.
I also have an assignment to interview a local business for the main newspaper of the county. Today I got an email from the top guy at the business with answers to my questions, so now I can write my article! On top of that, I got in contact with a blogger who had some really interesting things to say on the topic I want one of my features to be about. He is going to write out his thoughts about the matter and email them to me by next Tuesday.
To top it all off, I received really positive feedback on my College Writing essay, and I got to proofread a classmate's paper for the same class. Now I am off to begin revisions on the essay so I can have it for class on Thursday.
I am so excited--today has been a great day for my writing career.
Anakin: I HATE YOU!
Obi Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you...

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

= D

The trouble with writing is that it's a photo-album journey. It's all about trawling through and biting bullets until your teeth get knocked out, and every once in a while there is a breakthrough - the perfect picture that you stick in your photo album.

This, this is like an A3 gloss print in comparrison.

Thank you for sharing this! Seriously. Days are dull sometimes, it's nice to hear about these days even if they're someone else's, and I'm really happy for you!

Keep up the hard work, and let me know how it goes ^__^
We were born to be amazing.

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm
Hannah says...

Oh my gosh, this is just lovely to read. Do your best and work very hard. (:
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

9 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm
justine94 says...

Thanks for the support, kids. I knew there was a good reason why I posted about it here. :)

As of right now, my essay for College Writing is finished and it is due at the next class, which is in a couple of hours. I am happy with it and I am excited to see what my prof thinks.

I wrote a blog post for Publishing last night, and today we work-shopped it in class. Besides a couple of minor changes and one point that needs more clarity, it is ready to be sent to my editor, who is actually one of my classmates. It always stings when someone doesn't like something you have written, so it was lovely to hear constructive criticism that wasn't unkind.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm
Kale says...

Not all of us are kids. Just saying. ;P

But yes. Congratulations! It's always nice to hear when things are going well, and they seem to be going so well for you.

Here's hoping that they keep on going well.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

9 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 pm
justine94 says...

Well "kid" is a term that I use for anyone under thirty, so...

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore