z

Young Writers Society

Something New---HELP

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:05 pm
PurpleMoment says...

Hello! My name is Ashley and I have an idea for a story.

If you lose one sense, your other senses become stronger, right? Well, I can write about a deaf woman who has a near death experience and afterwards, she stars seeing and communicating with the dead. Instead of being frustrated that she can't communicate with the living, she can speak to the dead with her mind. And they an respond and she can feel their thoughts, words, pictures, emotions, etc. To clarify: she is deaf. She has a near death experience. before her experience, all her senses were heightened due to her deafness. but after her near-death experience, she has heightened senses AND can communicate with the dead.

There is one problem. I am not the type of writer that writes about ghosts and supernatural stuff. I write realistic fiction. Usually romance/drama novels and poetry. So I finally get a great idea and I am mad that it's this idea, if that makes sense. Cuz I think it's a great idea, I just don't know if I'm the right person for it. Help?

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 pm
View Likes
Starleene says...

Hey Purple!

I think the idea is great and even though you don't normally write supernatural, it's a good idea to try. You never know what you're good at until you try right? Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

You go girl!
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Seconding Starleene. It's always worth a try, and even if it doesn't work out exactly how you hoped, you'll still learn a lot from trying that you can apply to your other writing.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook