Story Idea Question

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 am
View Likes
Aley says...

Main Question
When do secret admirers turn into stalkers?

Plot Guideline
Person A works at a company and keeps a journal on hand which they write in every day at lunch. The journal is invaded with reviews from an unknown source, Person B, writing in handwritten notes which are placed within the journal through the night.

Here is the question I could use some help discussing. Should person A be pissed or excited about receiving reviews?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 am
View Likes
reason says...

I'd be pissed. I don't want perfect handwriting annotating my story and reminding me YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR PENMANSHIP. Also, MY JOURNAL. I'm territorial.

That's not cool.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 am
View Likes
MagnusBane says...

Personal, handwritten journal? I'd be ticked. Also, I'd find it incredibly creepy and throw the journal out as fast as possible.

Now, an online blog or something? That would be a whole different story. On the Internet, it wouldn't feel so personal, or threatening. It's one thing to get comments from someone who might be halfway around the world, and quite another thing to have someone close enough - and stealthy enough - to write on your personal journal. Just my thoughts.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 am
View Likes
Aley says...

Ah, that would be a much better premise, getting reviews on a blog they keep. It would take away the chance of the other person being close for a long time until person B messes up and comments about some proximity thing. I like that a lot.

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest