z

Young Writers Society

Vampire Novel

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:00 pm
mastersanskar says...

So, my name is Sanskar Tiwari and I am 13, I would like to start working on a novel on vampires. So please do help first with characteristics, then with cast and then plot.

10 Reviews

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 pm
View Likes
mastersanskar says...

So let's start...
reply and i ll edit

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
All vampires were originally human. As vampires, they retain a
close physical resemblance to their human form, the only reliably noticeable differences being a
universal pallor of skin, a change in eye color, and heightened beauty.

MY VERSION
All the same except that they have normal eyes
Last edited by mastersanskar on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 pm
Rubric says...

This is copied directly from the Twilight Official Illustrated Guide. So we should probably begin with the fact that you haven't referenced this material: you've presented it with the implicit assumption that it's your own. That's not ok. If you use another writer's work you should at the very least reference it.

This raises all kinds of questions about the novel you're writing. It's worth noting that Stephanie Meyer did not invent the Vampire, and that her presentation of them (whether or not you like it) is fairly unique.

So. If your goal is to write a twilight-fanfiction, this isn't a bad place to start. however, I won't be able to provide much assistance, because I'm not really a fan of the series, and don't consider it worthy of emulation.

On the other hand, if you're using twilight, your first experience of vampire fiction, as a starting point for your own, original work, then I think the best place to move on to from here would be further reading on the subject. My pre-twilight exposures to vampires were essentially Bram Stoker's Dracula, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's Carmilla, and Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire.

Each writer brought their own unique flavour to the vampire, and yet there are common themes running through each characterisation. Each used the vampire as a vehicle to discuss certain ideas and investigate certain kinds of relationships.

So maybe you've jumped the gun a bit. Why do you want to write fiction about vampires?
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

10 Reviews

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:37 pm
mastersanskar says...

REACTION TO SUNLIGHT:
In direct sunlight, the disparity between human and vampire becomes more obvious. The
cellular membrane of the vampire is not as soft or permeable as in a human cell; it has crystalline
properties that cause the surface of vampire skin to react prismatically, giving the vampire a
glitter-like shimmer in sunlight.

MY VERSION

Not decided yet
Last edited by mastersanskar on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 pm
Rubric says...

That seems frankly unethical and I'll have no part in it.
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 pm
Deanie says...

Rubric is right, you can't edit someone else's idea and call it your own. That's plagiarism. You need to make your own idea which is your own. Starting with the use of vampires is good, but then expand from that. Why vampires. How are they your vampires? Are the based on the traditional myth? If so how are your vampires different that any others? And lastly, what are these vampires going to do in your story?

Make your story your own - not someone else's.

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:00 pm
Charlie II says...

Locked at the request of the original poster.
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief