z

Young Writers Society

Looking for someone to write on my blog with me

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

So.. I recently started a blog (it's in my signature), imagining it as a place for young writers to find advices, answers, inspiration, reviews, examples and random other important stuff, provided by other young writers. Now, I know there are a lot of blogs like that, and I have found some very useful information on some of them.. yet I also think a lot of other young writers, and in that I include myself, have a lot of things to say, and I believe our opinion sometimes matter even more.

Now perhaps that needs a bit of an explanation: Coming from an older, published writer, advices can be very useful. Those kinds of blogs can give hope to young writers, maybe show them that it's really possible to get their novels/stories/poetry published. I personally support and respect the writers who start blogs or sites like that, and, like I said before, I have found some of them very interesting and helpful.
But. On the other hand, I have often found myself in a situation when I felt like what I needed aren't deep thoughts of someone already done with the hardest part of writing and publishing, and I needed someone closer to my age, someone who is still struggling with the same kinds of problems I do, someone from whom i may get support, advice, ideas and random other stuff I may need, someone who has no problems with answering weird rookie questions, and so on. Back then, though maybe it's because I haven't thought of other kids of my age writing at all at the time, I had no such someone. Over the years, I have found what I needed in the books I read, in random conversations with people, from my dreams and I don't even know where else, and I figured it wasn't all that hard to do it all alone. Yet then some of my friends, who also tend to write now and then, mentioned to me that they've had the same problem - even that they've stopped writing because they didn't know there was anyone who even gets them. So I figured, why wouldn't now I be that someone?

Yes, I know that was a long explanation, but I do hope at least one of you agrees with me. You see, though I really do wish to provide other young writers with everything I mentioned, at the same time I have to deal with my own writing, and, what's definitely worse, with my final exams at school, so I'm afraid I don't have as much time as I'd like in order to post regularly. For that reason, I would very much like one or two others who'd care to help me with the blog. We could be co-authors, we could agree on everything, and we could that way provide different opinions on the same subject, all in one place.

Anyone in? :smt001
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm
ACHU says...

yes I do think your certain own theories were appropriate on my part too.
I hope for the best to manifest from your blog and try my best in making good traits.
Achugaiety
Spoiler! :

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hey, Alf here! It would be a pleasure to be with ya in your blog :) Even as a contributor! Oh, visit my wordpress blog, too, it's also on my signature.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm
crossroads says...

alfredsymon wrote:Hey, Alf here! It would be a pleasure to be with ya in your blog :) Even as a contributor! Oh, visit my wordpress blog, too, it's also on my signature.

Hey, Alf.. Did you get my message the other day?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:43 pm
indieeloise says...

I'd be up to going in with you on that! I think it's a great idea.
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild