z

Young Writers Society

Looking for talented writers to collab with.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:49 pm
skynightdreams says...

I am still on the search for the perfect writer. I want someone with gust, who can elobranetly craft a masterful image with their words, who makes me feel like I can taste, feel, touch, sense every emotion, character,storyline, and word going on. And who knows what NTWF is.

Reviews: 2
Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:44 am
Rocksmith says...

Hey there,

I might as well be the first ey ;) Id be glad to give you a hand when I get some time, which should be in about a week. In the meantime, see an example of my work below.

Curiosity

With wide eyes he gazed across the vast, gold-flecked landscape. Having set foot beyond his earthly shackles, it seemed like a new life had emerged from the husk of his withered hopes. For the first time in what seemed a lifetime he stared at something and pondered at its meaning, at its source and at its form.
The whole of his world’s wonders had been long plundered. No mystery or majesty was left to inspire awe, but this plane was of hidden, transcendent divinity. It transcended what he thought was his own all-encompassing knowledge of the cosmos. To Tal’ra, it felt that each and every fibre of his being ached to take a step forward and touch magic once more; To taste the unfamiliar and to bask in the unknown.
A dagger at dusk is worth a thousand swords at dawn

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:16 am
OokamiKitsune says...

Hello there :? I was just curious so I clicked the link for this page. O and for your question it could be either

National Traveler Women's Forum
OR
Neopian TImes Writers Forum

As for my kind of writing I like to do Fantasy and Adventure stories. I also do romance and some suspense. Below is a sample from one of my books. Hope you enjoy

Max lifted Kedna’s head from the damp battlefield. “Oy!” he yelled laying Kedna’s head on his lap and trying to get him to speak. Max clenched his teeth as he lowered his head to Kedna’s neck.
“I’m not dead yet boy.” Kedna winced opening his eyes and looking at Max. Kedna breathed heavy as blood covered his thick coat of wet and matted fur.

“I wasn’t worried idiot.” Max said whipping his eyes with his arm. Kedna tried to laugh but stopped from the pain. “Hey, we won didn’t we?” Kedna asked laying his mussel on Max’s lap.

“Yeah we won, killed the bastard, blade straight through the heart. Just like you taught me.” Max said looking around until his eyes feel on Bria-day. “Hey! Come here.” He yelled causing Bria-day to grab Garth’s hand and run toured him.

“What? You hurt?!” she asked setting her eyes on Kedna’s worsening condition. Her eyes widened at the wound on his side and back.

“Heal him.” Max said, Bria-day narrowed her eyes and looked away in sorrow. Max’s expression shifted to a mix of pain and anger as he heard Kedna’s constant wines and grunts. “Dame it! You can use healing magic right, Elspeth taught you didn’t she.” Max blurted out as tears swelled in his already liquid sapphire eyes. Max swallowed to back his tears up from pouring out.

“Don’t worry about it Max.” Kedna said as he hacked blood out off his throat and licked the inside of his teeth.

“Hey, you know you never actually told me your name.” Max said calmer with his face lowered. Kedna thought to himself as Elspeth and Scarlet helped carry Von over.
“I suppose you want to know.” Kedna said looking at the helpless boy. “Just like when we first met. You’re still a boy aren’t you.” Max’s head shot up with the comment and heard Kedna laugh and cough. “You remember what I told you don’t you.” Kedna asked. “You said that once I got my revenge you would leave no matter what. Right” Max replied double checking. Kedna closed his eyes as a reply. “I knew it wasn’t your brothers doing that killed your parents. Before I even met you I was aware that Jaakuna was responsible.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you stupid mutt?!” Max said with furry at the tip of his tongue.

“I knew that if you had any doubt about you brother’s motives you wouldn’t have.” Kedna stopped to spit up more blood onto Max’s lap. “Been able to kill Jaakuna- kill the host, which was the only way it could have been done.” Max lowered his anger as he thought about the motive Kedna had and the logic to Kedna’s thinking.

“You wanted to know my name right, boy?” Kedna asked taking slower breaths with each passing moment. Max nodded to his dying friend. “Jaakuna was a part of the dark deity Kurai and the only way for Jaakuna to die is if Kurai dies as well.” Max’s eye lit up as the only possible thought crossed his mind. ‘Never permanently harmed, fur dark as night but shines through the night, eyes the color of the setting moon. The dark deity unknown to man but thought of as a great beast able to carry humans across lands.’ “You’re the dark deity aren’t you Kedna.” Max said with reassurance in his voice.

“What are you talking about? He’s a dog not a god; you got your spelling wrong man.” Von said with disbelief and two glares; one from Scarlet and the other from Elspeth. Kurai shivered as he started whimpering from the setting pain in his side. “I ask you to do one more thing for me.” Max went to say ‘yes’ but only found his mouth moving and tears flowing down his cheeks. “Send me home.” Max bent over and laid his head on Kurai’s forehead. “You’re more than a brother to me.” “Um.” “You’re more than a father as well.” Max choked out. “Um.” Kedna slowly said. Max took a shaky breath as he began. “As one of the royal blood line of the great deity of the shadows and dark magics I send you to rest where you can lie in peace and forever forget the pain and sorrow you have known.” Kedna interrupted him for a moment and squeezed out the final worlds. “I love you, Max.” Max’s eyes flew open as he heard his name. Never in his entire life had Kedna-Kurai- ever said anything that felt emotional let alone with his name in the same sentence. Max let the tears fall and cover his face as he closed them simultaneously with Kurai’s. “I love you, you stupid dog. I send you home KURAI!!!” Max yelled as he hugged Kurai as tight as possible, afraid of losing him. Kurai smiled has his fur began to disappear and the silver tips flew around Max and into the sky like stars in the wind. Max sat on his knees with his hands freely lying were Kurai laid but a moment ago.

Elspeth handed Von’s left shoulder to Garth to hold and knelt in front of Max. His tears continued to fall and a worried yet thoughtless expression covered his face. “I’m sorry Max. It’ll be fine. I promise!” she said grabbing his head and laying it on her chest. Max raised his hands and wrapped them around Elspeth, grabbing the lose portion of her shirt in his hands.

“I don’t want him gone.” “I know.” “I want him back.” “I know” Elspeth said starting to tear up. “If I knew he had to die to make things better, then I don’t want things better.” “I know.” Elspeth didn’t know what else to say. “I want to go back to before I got in the war.” Max cried and hiccupped as he dug his face farther into Elspeth’s shirt. Scarlet lit her free hand with a completely yellow flame. “O I sing tonight to light your way to the gates of freedom that burn with a passion of hope.” Von looked to the ground as he started in with her and Bria-day gave her all to sing. “Your heart and body may have gone but your memory will always stay. Here with me. With the one you protected. With the ones….. You gave your for. Cause I’m thanking you tonight for giving me this chance to be with the ones I love so much. So I bow my head to you and hope that everyone that has a beating heart will sing so for you. The song of a hero, who gave everything for me. I sing of you.” Elspeth smiled with a pained expression as her friends ended. Max raised his head as he heard the same song being sung by the countless soldiers scattered on the battlefield. “Thank you, Kedna.” Max whispered quiet enough that only Elspeth heard and repeated it herself back to him.

In case you had questions this may help you out:
Kedna is a large black wolf and the god of darkness and shadows, Max is the main character, Elspeth is his love interest, Von is Elspeth's brother. Bria-day and Garth are Drow Elves. Scarlet is Von's "girlfriend, fiance, love interest?" They just finished fighting the main antagonist and the aftermath is hitting them all.
Every hello is the prologue to the knowing farewell, so make as many stories as you can:)

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro