z

Young Writers Society

'our story is not to end, our story is not be continued'...

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 am
View Likes
IlhamAlKhatib says...

I hope you'd read this and tell me what you think about it...
Here we are again... We meet again, But Like strangers ...
Still in need for each other... We still miss each other... But we act like we've never met... Why !! I don't know... Maybe because we weren't strong enough...
Whatever, all I know is we meet now without the passion we used to taste...
All we have to feel in our hearts and the way we look, is regret... Regret but pages have been torn apart... So another fire, is that we can't start over... even if we want...
And again the feeling takes over 'our story is not to end, our story is not be continued'...

The air of now is taking me to a road I don't know...
A road I've never been before...
Just feel something saying to me he's somewhere out there...
Longing... you're far a way... missing you... Looking for you !!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:51 pm
Rosendorn says...

Right now, this looks like general ramblings trying to be prose that would probably never fit in a story because you're using ellipsis (...) like periods, with your capitalization all over the place. While I advocate breaking grammar rules for stylistic conventions, there is a line to be drawn between "legible" and "not".

Not to mention constant use of that unusual punctuation draws attention to the punctuation— not the words surrounding the punctuation. Punctuation is supposed to enhance the words, not smother them.

Your capitalization and use of quotes, also. Sometimes you capitalize after an ellipsis, others you don't, sometimes you capitalize words that should not be capitalized ("We meet again, But Like strangers ..." <- Bolded words should not be capitalized). And why is that last sentence about our story is not ending/it's to be continued in quotes? Is it referencing a direct quote from previously in the story? If not, cut the quotes. They distract.

Please consult this article and punctuate/capitalize this properly. Once you have done so, the piece can be judged for content.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:34 pm
IlhamAlKhatib says...

Thank you for your opinion :))

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:06 pm
Stori says...

Welcome to the Society, by the way.

Random avatar

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm
IlhamAlKhatib says...

Thank you :))

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta